Farmer charged with felonies for holding trespassers at gunpoint

Help Support CattleToday:

If someone was doing donuts on a field lets say I just planted some RR alfalfa on ... I would have given them a swiss cheese car and or stopped them on my property and went and got my 963 and did donuts on their roof then pick it up with the 4n1 and set it gently down on a public road and tell them drive home safely and don't do anymore donuts.

skyhightree1":h8dtg6jq said:
If someone was doing donuts on a field lets say I just planted some RR alfalfa on ... I would have given them a swiss cheese car and or stopped them on my property and went and got my 963 and did donuts on their roof then pick it up with the 4n1 and set it gently down on a public road and tell them drive home safely and don't do anymore donuts.

I'm a little surprised you feel so strong about that personally. I wish I could just put a front bumper on them. But that's exactly how I feel when I see or here dogs running on my property.

True Grit Farms":2o9bt5h4 said:
skyhightree1":2o9bt5h4 said:

I'm a little surprised you feel so strong about that personally. I wish I could just put a front bumper on them. But that's exactly how I feel when I see or here dogs running on my property.

To each their own... and running on property is different than someone that's a human and knows better and what trespassing is and causing damage intentionally. Some dogs that are causing damage or what have you should be dealt with. However if just chasing game according to Va. The game belongs to the state not the person who owns the property they are on. Humans that know right from wrong no sympathy from me. :2cents:
Lets not ruin someone's thread since we are discussing people start another dog post I will have that discussion with you.

BRYANT":f428mmkx said:
Farm Fence Solutions":f428mmkx said:
If they were stealing or destroying something, it'd be one thing, but donuts? Find me someone that didn't whip a donut or two when they were 18 and I'll show you a liar or somebody with a bug in their azz.
He may have over reacted ???? I think that will depend on what part of the USA you are from.
As for doing donuts well I am 53 yrs old and never did donuts and I'm not no liar either. I was raised in a home that taught if you do stupid things and tear up your auto it cost you hard earned money. But more than that I was raised not to destroy other people property and if I did it would not have been good for me. no mater the age

You are missing out on something that's a whole lot of fun. I can't say as I've ever torn anything up or destroyed anyone's property doing a donut. I highly recommend frozen bean stubble for your first attempt.

Farm Fence Solutions":2seqg2n2 said:
BRYANT":2seqg2n2 said:
Farm Fence Solutions":2seqg2n2 said:
If they were stealing or destroying something, it'd be one thing, but donuts? Find me someone that didn't whip a donut or two when they were 18 and I'll show you a liar or somebody with a bug in their azz.
He may have over reacted ???? I think that will depend on what part of the USA you are from.
As for doing donuts well I am 53 yrs old and never did donuts and I'm not no liar either. I was raised in a home that taught if you do stupid things and tear up your auto it cost you hard earned money. But more than that I was raised not to destroy other people property and if I did it would not have been good for me. no mater the age

You are missing out on something that's a whole lot of fun. I can't say as I've ever torn anything up or destroyed anyone's property doing a donut. I highly recommend frozen bean stubble for your first attempt.

And whatever you do stay out of Sky's pasture

callmefence":ebw9yfbh said:
Farm Fence Solutions":ebw9yfbh said:
BRYANT":ebw9yfbh said:

Me and Sky we would get along fine, if I lived closer we would even probably run our hounds together.
I look at a man for who he is not for what he is, and if some on this site would do the same they would not have the problem with Sky that they do. I didn't name people, but I could, I don't need to they know who they are.

BRYANT":2rtqljwh said:
callmefence":2rtqljwh said:
Farm Fence Solutions":2rtqljwh said:

Me and Sky we would get along fine, if I lived closer we would even probably run our hounds together.
I look at a man for who he is not for what he is, and if some on this site would do the same they would not have the problem with Sky that they do. I didn't name people, but I could, I don't need to they know who they are.

Boy howdy farm nailed it. Bug up azz

callmefence":c9ork4mw said:
BRYANT":c9ork4mw said:
callmefence":c9ork4mw said:

how you did you figure that out ,cause I said I could get along with Sky, is that something bad cause I think we could run hounds together. As for the donuts I would not do that in his pasture, your pasture , my pasture, or any ones maybe that makes me bad . Don't know and can't say I really care

BRYANT":1xy1i2on said:
callmefence":1xy1i2on said:
BRYANT":1xy1i2on said:

how you did you figure that out ,cause I said I could get along with Sky, is that something bad cause I think we could run hounds together. As for the donuts I would not do that in his pasture, your pasture , my pasture, or any ones maybe that makes me bad . Don't know and can't say I really care

No because every single post by me and farm where a joke. I get along great with sky. We don't run dogs, but we do commicate outside this forum every few days. Usually pics of what we are doing that day.

Maybe your drunk idk.

callmefence":jci1bx1b said:
BRYANT":jci1bx1b said:
callmefence":jci1bx1b said:

No because every single post by me and farm where a joke. I get along great with sky. We don't run dogs, but we do commicate outside this forum every few days. Usually pics of what we are doing that day.

Maybe your drunk idk.

Bryant I would love to run hounds with you :lol: Yea CMF and I do communicate and get along well we have differences in things but agree to disagree as men and keep it moving... FFS I never had much interaction with but seems to be a fine fellow maybe if I can win the lottery I can get CMF AND FFS to fence about 5000 acres I would buy. :D

skyhightree1":nmk455st said:
callmefence":nmk455st said:
BRYANT":nmk455st said:

Maybe your drunk idk.

Bryant I would love to run hounds with you :lol: Yea CMF and I do communicate and get along well we have differences in things but agree to disagree as men and keep it moving... FFS I never had much interaction with but seems to be a fine fellow maybe if I can win the lottery I can get CMF AND FFS to fence about 5000 acres I would buy. :D

As long as you pen them dogs up and don't shoot farm for doing donut's. I'll be there.

callmefence":2rhmopks said:
skyhightree1":2rhmopks said:
callmefence":2rhmopks said:

Maybe your drunk idk.

As long as you pen them dogs up and don't shoot farm for doing donut's. I'll be there.

;-)

BRYANT":iao1a7fc said:
Farm Fence Solutions":iao1a7fc said:
If they were stealing or destroying something, it'd be one thing, but donuts?
Find me someone that didn't whip a doughnut or two when they were 18 and I'll show you a liar or
somebody with a bug in their azz.
I was raised in a home that taught if you do stupid things and tear up your auto it cost you hard earned money.
But more than that I was raised not to destroy other people property
NO DAMAGE was done, even so I was raised not to threaten other people's lives over property damage.

They may or may not have made a wrong turn. The road dead ended on a yard with only a couple of isolated hog barns. They whipped a couple 3, 4 doughnuts on the yard throwing a cloud of dust in the air doing no damage and left.

The nut case saw the dust cloud hopped in his truck chased them down on a main road.
The driver put down his window to talk to him. He reached into the vehicle pulling the keys from the ignition and
held them at gun point, creating a hostage situation. IF either the driver or passenger had TRUE GRIT they would have been justified in shooting him and claiming they feared for their life, even though unknown to them the goofball's gun was not loaded.

The trespassers were fined in accordance with the law. The goofball who created the hostage situation was arrested.
He should have taken the license number and called the sheriff BEFORE making a mountain out of a molehill.

Son of Butch":2ru6j1k0 said:
BRYANT":2ru6j1k0 said:
Farm Fence Solutions":2ru6j1k0 said:
If they were stealing or destroying something, it'd be one thing, but donuts?
Find me someone that didn't whip a doughnut or two when they were 18 and I'll show you a liar or
somebody with a bug in their azz.
I was raised in a home that taught if you do stupid things and tear up your auto it cost you hard earned money.
But more than that I was raised not to destroy other people property
NO DAMAGE was done, even so I was raised not to threaten other people's lives over property damage.

They may or may not have made a wrong turn. The road dead ended on a yard with only a couple of isolated hog barns. They whipped a couple 3, 4 doughnuts on the yard throwing a cloud of dust in the air doing no damage and left.

The nut case saw the dust cloud hopped in his truck chased them down on a main road.
The driver put down his window to talk to him. He reached into the vehicle pulling the keys from the ignition and
held them at gun point, creating a hostage situation. IF either the driver or passenger had TRUE GRIT they would have been justified in shooting him and claiming they feared for their life, even though unknown to them the goofball's gun was not loaded.

The trespassers were fined in accordance with the law. The goofball who created the hostage situation was arrested.
He should have taken the license number and called the sheriff BEFORE making a mountain out of a molehill.

Butch I AM NOT TAKING UP FOR THIS FARMER, I said different people from different places would look at this different. As for me being raised not to be in some ones place doing damage , or ripping up their grass or making ruts . and what ever else they were doing on property that they had no permission to be on ...... well I am proud of the way I was raised and make no excuses, also raised my son that way and grandson will be raised the same way. and I never got no call from some farmer that my son was on his property doing something stupid and wont be getting them about my grandson.
farmer man may have over reacted, I would not have did what he did, but they would not have had the run in with him if they had not been on property they had no permission to be on.
How would I have handled it I would stopped them and talked to them and they probably would have never been back. but after a warning if they came back and I caught them I would have pressed it the max.

I wonder if the law would have looked at it different if he had held them on his property and not chased them down the road ??
would that have been a citizens arrest?

I don't know just asking

Maybe those young fellas talked smack to him and that's the reason it went as far as it did. I've caught people young and old doing donuts in my hay field before and just gave em a good verbal scolding and it worked except for one time that got heated

Farm Fence Solutions":297bquoq said:
BRYANT":297bquoq said:
Farm Fence Solutions":297bquoq said:

Maybe it don't get cold enough there, but a little speed on an icy parking lot with a quick hard turn is fun.

True Grit Farms":22l1hgvl said:
Son of Butch":22l1hgvl said:
:lol2: Responsibility for doing a doughnut?

Don't you know that your supposed to chase kids down and stick a gun in their face for doing burnouts. I'd be a real pizzed off parent if that happened to my kid. My son got caught drag racing in town, we got everything taken care of and made him wash the police cars once a week for a month.
It doesn't matter where the kids were doing the doughnuts, you don't pull a gun on someone.
Well...who won the race?