Farmall Rim

Help Support CattleToday:

The Bachelor

Reaction score
Things got a little rough out in the hay field the other day, and when I stopped the ol farmall, I noticed, the valvestem of the tube was sheared right off. Looking closer at the rim, it looks a little jagges around the valvestem hole. I'm thinkin it sheared right off.

Y'all think it's be ok to put a rubber grommet tin the valvestem hole to keep that from happening again? The tire was just put on by the tire store, so I know the tue was new. Does the tire store have anything like the grommet??

Thanks

The Bachelor":mmip5jww said:
Things got a little rough out in the hay field the other day, and when I stopped the ol farmall, I noticed, the valvestem of the tube was sheared right off. Looking closer at the rim, it looks a little jagges around the valvestem hole. I'm thinkin it sheared right off.

Y'all think it's be ok to put a rubber grommet tin the valvestem hole to keep that from happening again? The tire was just put on by the tire store, so I know the tue was new. Does the tire store have anything like the grommet??

Thanks

A complete inspection of the rim is due. A "FarmAll" is at least 40 yrs old. If that rim ever had calcium chloride in it, the rim is probably shot. A rusted out rim is a hazard. Could kill someone. New ones are cheap, if you think of that.

If you can get a grommet in it then go for it -temporarily
Did it shear from the tube slipping round the rim or did something external slice it off ?

If its sheared off and is a normal tube on rim affair then you will have to pull the tyre off anyway so do as per above and check the rim. Sometimes you can get tubes with a screw on type valvestem . A nut goes over the stem and tightens on the rim . Going to sleep here,will finish in the morning i about 10 hours

Latest posts