farm supply mail order

Help Support CattleToday:

Both. I've mail-ordered from Valley Vet as well as KV Vet Supply. Have done a small amount of ordering from Nasco.

Where I work we use 2 different co-ops and mail-order from Nasco as well as Valley Vet.

Katherine

our local co-op is cheaper on a lot of stuff than buying Valley Vet and paying shipping. my vet beats the co-op on some of the wormers and vaccines.

We buy a lot of supplies and stuff via online. Valley Vet, Shepler's, QC Supply, Viking/Office Depot, Christmas gifts, and others. We slaughter a bull every 1-1.5 years (meat processor just 3.5 miles away). When we're near a Sam's Club in that town for other business, we stock up on staple food items. On our online ordering we "think in advance" and accumulate order(s) to get free shipping as much as possible.

Online ordering saves gas and time. Hay is just a phone call away. Of course, groceries are locally. We have UPS, FedEx, and DHL service to our ranch; postoffice nearby and "no waiting" since we're near a small town.

The only thing we don't buy online (in way of clothes) are boots; ammunition which we buy locally or nearby towns.

Since we're both Veterans, our prescription medications are mailed to us from VA Hospital, 110 miles away.

We create all of our literature, advertising copy, brochures, business cards, etc., on our computer and print-out stuff as needed. Our CPA firm interacts with us via e-mail and priority USPS mail.

Since we don't have any un-weaned kids living with us, we don't have to be constantly taking them places (saves more gas)... :)

With both of us being retired from "regular" jobs, when the weather and roads are bad...we just keep the front gate closed and stay at home otherwise. ;-)

I like Valleyvet, Country Supply (and Kv Vet but they are a little higher in price). Valleyvet ships fast which is nice. Our vets prices on anything is outrageous and now that they are out of large animals they will not even order any meds in for them as they say they have to have seen the animal in the last year. Not sure what to do anymore about large animal vets or getting medicines for them.