Family at Christmas

Help Support CattleToday:

Lammie,

As you know, both of my parents are gone. Both of my wife's parents are gone. With 20/20 hindsight, there are some cumbersome things that were worth it. Value every moment you have with them. Period. Whatever it takes, do it. Some day you will be very glad you did.

One of my brothers have passed on. One of my sisters and I do not speak. Some things are beyond my control and I have learned to accept it. My nephews (her sons) sneak over to see me. We are still close.

All of the rest of my sisters are complete sweethearts and my remaining bro is okay. This is very lucky and I am very appreciative of them.

You are a really good person. Don't let this get you down. Be proud of who you are and put yourself above this. Be glad that 40 miles isn't 435 like it was for my extremely sweet sis. She regrets not being able to be here more.

It is also good that your son goes and gets them and supports you. That, in itself, says something.

I wish you a merry christmas.
Invite who you want to. If they don't come, nothing you can do about it. But brothers and sisters you have only two so just love them and let it go.

I'm not a big Christmas person myself, most folks take the gift giving way too seriously. Gifts are for children, and in moderation at that. To me it's about family, enjoy the ones you have and let asses be asses. Wife's family is quite entertaining, she has this cousin that brings a different boyfriend each year. A few years back she had one with some type of blinking disorder and a nervous twitch. Best Christmas ever.

cfpinz

Family members can be your worst enemies.

BTW, who does get his house? Maybe it's not them and they are mad.

cfpinz":3ufjzoul said:
I'm not a big Christmas person myself, most folks take the gift giving way too seriously. Gifts are for children, and in moderation at that. To me it's about family, enjoy the ones you have and let asses be asses. Wife's family is quite entertaining, she has this cousin that brings a different boyfriend each year. A few years back she had one with some type of blinking disorder and a nervous twitch. Best Christmas ever.

cfpinz

I guess you are in no way responsible for said twitch? ;-)

flaboy":3uyob0pd said:

I guess I am. I told my parents if they still had the house when they are both gone then I would sell it and devide the money three ways. I also suggested that my brother and his wife get the house if they move in with my folks now and take care of them. My dad would in no way go for that.

Lammie":13ydd86f said:
flaboy":13ydd86f said:

I guess I am. I told my parents if they still had the house when they are both gone then I would sell it and devide the money three ways. I also suggested that my brother and his wife get the house if they move in with my folks now and take care of them. My dad would in no way go for that.

Your dad still has a little on the ball, Lammie! :D

Have a wonderful Christmas... :)

Alice

Just heard a song on KZPS that exactly expressed my feelings about this whole thing. I called the station and thanked Bo and Jim for playing it, personally. It's called "You Ain't Getting Sh*t For Christmas".

Lammie":1j7jxaoh said:
Just heard a song on KZPS that exactly expressed my feelings about this whole thing. I called the station and thanked Bo and Jim for playing it, personally. It's called "You Ain't Getting Sh*t For Christmas".

You are so funny! Its great that you can keep a sense of humor over the whole thing, why not find that song on CD and send it to your brother and his wife-just for fun!

GMN

Lammie":2fhkk8iw said:

OMG we must have heard that simultaneously. The guise was the children were to get their normal $10K, tax free gift, for Christmas from their parents. The daughter found bargain cancellation tickets to Hawaii and wouldn't make it home for Christmas. Sent a note and said, "just mail my gift...." Then the son, "Junior", sent a package stating he was also not going to make it.

The song is really funny. If you find the source for the CD, post it. I'm looking for it. Should have paid more attention to the verbage leading up to the song from Beau and Jim.

Lammie":wybxznb7 said:
cfpinz":wybxznb7 said:

cfpinz

I guess you are in no way responsible for said twitch? ;-)

No, but I've been trying to fix up one of the wife's other cousins with "Twitch" so we'll have some entertainment at Christmas. :santa:

i hate to say this but most all families have war during the holidays.an that isnt good on the older family members.but fights an squabbles happen.go get your mom an dad an enjoy christmas with them.an dont worry about your brother an sister.if they ask about them say they was invited .but was to busy to come.

Latest posts