Falling back

Help Support CattleToday:

Dave

Reaction score
Yep, tomorrow we all fall back. And so will start the CT semi annual gripe session about daylight savings time. For me I don't care one way or the other about daylight savings time. What is going to be strange is how early it will get dark. This new place is on the far eastern edge of the Pacific time zone. Only about 30 miles and you cross into Mountain time. Where I lived on the Washington coast it got dark in the middle of the winter around 4:30. Here I don't think it will be much after 4:00.

Dave":2dk5ltpg said:
Yep, tomorrow we all fall back. And so will start the CT semi annual gripe session about daylight savings time. For me I don't care one way or the other about daylight savings time. What is going to be strange is how early it will get dark. This new place is on the far eastern edge of the Pacific time zone. Only about 30 miles and you cross into Mountain time. Where I lived on the Washington coast it got dark in the middle of the winter around 4:30. Here I don't think it will be much after 4:00.

Here, when the days are the shortest, it will get dark around 6 PM. Drives me crazy. Don't think I could handle 4 PM. I can adapt somewhat by simply starting earlier, but not everyone else adapts. Businesses, schools, etc maintain their normal schedule. So it definitely causes hiccups in production. But it's a minor factor in the grand scheme of things.

JMJ Farms":fhbpcedp said:
Dave":fhbpcedp said:

Here, when the days are the shortest, it will get dark around 6 PM. Drives me crazy. Don't think I could handle 4 PM. I can adapt somewhat by simply starting earlier, but not everyone else adapts. Businesses, schools, etc maintain their normal schedule. So it definitely causes hiccups in production. But it's a minor factor in the grand scheme of things.

It is dark here at 6:00 or a little after now. Tomorrow it will be 5:00. By December 21....... we will see.

Latest posts