Fall pictures

Help Support CattleToday:

cfpinz

Reaction score
Img_1468.jpg

Img_1475.jpg

Img_1476.jpg

I winter replacements here, hasn't been an animal on the place since June. Hope the heifers can see over all that grass.

Img_1479.jpg

cfpinz

~

Looks very similar to here--Vermont. Gotta love those mountains.

What is the story behind the 2 headstones ?
Are they on your property ?

What part of Virginia are you in ?

Nice photos. Keep them coming .

Really nice photos, cfp. That is one beautiful tree out there! You have some great views over there, much more so than where we are.

Have you had any frosts yet? I think our low temp here so far has been 44 or something.

Thanks for the picture of the tree. What kind is it? Reminds me of a southern red oak I used to climb in a field in north Alabama when I was training a bloodhound pup. Those are fond memories. Thanks for the picture, it brought back some good memories.

What part of Virginia are you in?, my son moved to Wytheville last year , we were down a while ago to see him, It's nice country down there, lots of cattle.

We live close to Afton, between Staunton and Charlottesville. Wytheville is gorgeous.

My father bought some rolls from a man who owns a piece of land beside one of their farms and I got suckered into hauling it out for him. That's where the graveyard and big tree are. The stones are further off the beaten path than you think, amazed me they were in such good shape for being back that far. If memory serves me correct they are from the late 1800's but I could be wrong. My parents' farm has a graveyard from that period and a slave graveyard adjacent to it, some of those go way back.

Jo - The tree is a really big oak but I'm not sure of the type. There are other similar trees on the place but that's my favorite.

Gale - No frost yet, seen 39 but that's it so far. Doesn't really hurt my feelings any.

cfpinz

Good to see that they let you out on a weekend pass! I guess those nasty voices in your head are calming down?
We had a light frost a few weekends back but nothing since then!
If it keeps this raining up, we'll have to get a row boat to get around - and I'm not complaining!

Bullbuyer":36us2k67 said:
Good to see that they let you out on a weekend pass! I guess those nasty voices in your head are calming down?

No, they're just arguing among themselves.

We had a light frost a few weekends back but nothing since then!
If it keeps this raining up, we'll have to get a row boat to get around - and I'm not complaining!

Yeah, I tracked mud on the wife's carpet last night and I don't think she noticed. We had forgot what mud looks like.

cfpinz