eye problem

Help Support CattleToday:

bertphipps

Reaction score
our herd bull didn't come up the other night at feeding time so I went to check on him cause he never misses a meal. we just turned him on a patch of fresh grass we brush hogged two day before of fescue and clover. so I get to him his eye is totally puffed way out. at first I thought it was pink eye and his eye had popped.but his eye its self hadn't popped his eye lid I guess was swollen around his eye ball.
it was not a pretty sight . so he did get up and got in the chute and start looking at his eye and he had about 3 stems of fescue stems in between his eye lashes and eye lid. so I pulled them out washed out with water about 20 minutes and flushed a lot of goop out. gave him baytril , asprin pills and put vetrimycin eye gel and covered it up with patch. that was Monday night and tonight did same thing again but still ozzing but does look better any other ideas want to try to keep alive at least to sell him if he gets half way better .
thanks and he did have a 104.3 temp tonight.

Can you get any Terramyacin eye ointment? If you can it would be good to put some in his eye daily and give the shots of antibiotic too.

Photos would be nice, but I'm assuming if you removed the offending grass, he'll get better.

It is also nice when reporting a temp, to let us know how hot it is where you live. 104.3 might not be too bad if its 100 degrees where you are. Cattle build up heat during the day, and spend all night getting rid of it, so if its real hot and humid, it is a struggle.

Latest posts