Expenses Making it harder and harder

Help Support CattleToday:

backhoeboogie":2espf54n said:
TennesseeTuxedo":2espf54n said:
Maybe I need you as a mentor. :cboy:

You just gotta believe in yourself Tux. Take a risk. A calculated risk. Don't let the distractors distract you.

You're a good person. If you miss a time or two just salvage the situation. You'll hit your target. There have been times I failed and failure turned out to be a sweet thing. A better deal in the long haul.

Maybe you can mentor me.

Boogie that is called wisdom that comes from experience usually bad experience

Last Tractor I bought cost $60,000+ and a baler and rake for $22.000 and my wife didn't know for 6 months that we owned them. Poor lady, if I die she will never figure out where everything is. I have cattle out on grazing contracts that she has never seen. Hope they are good people I deal with and tell her they have some of her cattle when I die.

kenny thomas":1sk45t6q said:
Last Tractor I bought cost $60,000+ and a baler and rake for $22.000 and my wife didn't know for 6 months that we owned them. Poor lady, if I die she will never figure out where everything is. I have cattle out on grazing contracts that she has never seen. Hope they are good people I deal with and tell her they have some of her cattle when I die.

I'm open to being adopted. I swear I'll behave dad.

Several years ago I asked the accountant if I had not had a $15000 loss on the farm what kind of taxes would I pay. He figured a little there and said about $800. He then said you know I would give $800 to not do any thing that resembled work.
Now what is your time worth, what is the land worth did you inherit it or buy it long before land went up. To really figure a profit you have to realistically put a price on every thing involved in the operation to. If land is selling for $2500 per acre and you have 100 acres you have to decide if the land were sold could you make more profit somewhere else. Most of old toots on here have a pension we are drawing that makes us able to be a cowman.

Caustic Burno":1fib51ic said:
backhoeboogie":1fib51ic said:
TennesseeTuxedo":1fib51ic said:
Maybe I need you as a mentor. :cboy:

You just gotta believe in yourself Tux. Take a risk. A calculated risk. Don't let the distractors distract you.

You're a good person. If you miss a time or two just salvage the situation. You'll hit your target. There have been times I failed and failure turned out to be a sweet thing. A better deal in the long haul.

Maybe you can mentor me.

Boogie that is called wisdom that comes from experience usually bad experience

Careful there CB. The truth hurts!!!!!!!

poorfarmer":3fkxd3ge said:
Just wondering if anyone has issues convincing their wife or husband that farming is worth the time invested. I just finished figuring up my expenses for this year and I have already spent more then the calves will sell for at current prices. Looking to the older generation who were able to stay farming and stay married. I figure I might find enough ideas to keep me in the game for a few more years. :D
As long as my wife don't have to buy beef at the grocery store, she is happy. She doesn't know what we have spent, over all, building our operation. I expect a return in the future. On a side note... I'll admit I wonder sometimes if I spend dollars to save dimes. You pay for education one way or the other. :D

kenny thomas":ff4g6bpt said:
:lol:

Latest posts