Ever seen this before?

Help Support CattleToday:

Silver, your calf also has an obvious underbite. I was brought a hairless I once was brought a calf with almost no hair, like your calf, by a neighbor to necropsy. It had a very severe underbite and died from internal birth defects soon after birth. Disrupted hair or feather growth on mammals and birds began at the same time as the other birth defects started in spring of 1995. The prevalence of disrupted hair on mammals was not very high here. The underbite was high on mammals here, including on children from 1995 through 2001 and then went down somewhat. On newborns exposed to certain pesticides during development in the womb, the disrupted growth of various organs, etc. is epigenetic. The genes themselves are not affected. The genetic trigger that causes a gene to work correctly to produce a normal organ, bone, hair or feathers does not turn on because it is disrupted by the pesticide exposure. If you go to a health food store and buy a bottle of Hyland's Calc. Phos. 6X or 30X, and put one tablet in the calf's mouth every 4 hours or so during the day and make certain it is suckling and getting plenty of milk, it should grow hair fairly quickly. The wild animals that had disrupted hair growth and wild fledgling birds that had areas where feathers were not growing when they were brought to me all grew normal hair and feathers rather quickly. I just gave them plenty of food and the Calc. Phos. Those young ones grew to be releasable and were successfully released. If they had underbite, their underdeveloped facial bone grew to be normal in size so they had a normal bite or bills. I know I will get "he double toothpicks" for posting this but thought for the sake of the calf I would give it a go. Good luck with your calf.
If you want more information, go to my website (www.judyhoy.com) and click on How to Use Homeopathic Cell Salts. I explain some of the things that were helped by giving the Cell Salt Calc. Phos. 6X or 30X and the one called Bioplasma and sometimes both together, with before and after photos of those helped.

We had one maybe 20 years ago, the vet called her « hypotrichosis » like someone said here. She was born in the winter. We kept her until slaughter time around 18 months, she was smaller than normal but not that much. The butcher said to us that the skin was very thick. She grow some spot of hair. She was out all summer.