Ever eat bacon and get the munchies ???

Help Support CattleToday:

skyhightree1

Reaction score
LOL i am sure you all have seen this before but I just stumbled across this.

http://grist.org/list/farmers-are-getti ... sed-bacon/

Michael RosensteinGiving "potbellied pig" new meaning.
Ah, Washington state: where you can legally smoke pot, marry your same-sex partner, and buy liquor in the grocery store. And as if that weren't enough, now you can go to Pike Place Market and buy pork chops made from weed-fed pigs:
Part flavor experiment, part green recycling, part promotion and bolstered by the legalization of recreational marijuana in Washington state, pot excess has been fed to the hogs by their owners, pig farmer Jeremy Gross and Seattle butcher William von Schneidau, since earlier this year.
Gross and von Schneidau now sell their "pot pig" cuts at von Schneidau's butcher shop in Seattle's Pike Place Market at a premium price — bacon is $17 a pound while chops go for $16.90 a pound.

The unfortunately named Gross claims the pork's savory flavor is similar to alfalfa-fed pigs or cows — but it won't get you high. (The cravings for cheesy breadsticks are TOTALLY unrelated.) And pigs are already too carefree to really see if it makes a difference:
Asked if feeding marijuana affects the pigs, such as perhaps giving them munchies, Gross said [he] can see no effect on the pigs. Already all pigs do is sleep and eat, he said. But his farm manager mentioned that one of the more salty sows mellows out after a feeding.
We should all be so lucky.

skyhightree1":fjiwge4e said:
Ah, Washington state: where you can legally smoke pot, marry your same-sex partner, and buy liquor in the grocery store.

Hey when they made same sex marriage legal we had to make pot legal. It says in the Bible that a man who lays with another man should be stoned. That is what they were talking about isn't it?

Dave":3mxpbu8c said:
skyhightree1":3mxpbu8c said:
Ah, Washington state: where you can legally smoke pot, marry your same-sex partner, and buy liquor in the grocery store.

Hey when they made same sex marriage legal we had to make pot legal. It says in the Bible that a man who lays with another man should be stoned. That is what they were talking about isn't it?

:lol2:

Hook":38xf99hg said:
I can tell you what eating a pound at one sitting will do to you. And it ain't gettin the Munchies

LOL- just wear loose shorts and flip flops for a few days

Dave":2rej6ngt said:
skyhightree1":2rej6ngt said:

You ain't right!

Hook":15kw79h7 said:
I can tell you what eating a pound at one sitting will do to you. And it ain't gettin the Munchies
I've eaten a whole lb of chicken fried bacon before--didn't cause me any problems.
Maybe you need some more green leafy stuff in your diet when you eat bacon, but, I see your avatar now and surmise you're taking a closer look up in there to see what the problem is.....
:lol: :lol:

greybeard":1s4q1bnk said:
Hook":1s4q1bnk said:
I've eaten a whole lb of chicken fried bacon before--didn't cause me any problems.
Maybe you need some more green leafy stuff in your diet when you eat bacon, but, I see your avatar now and surmise you're taking a closer look up in there to see what the problem is.....
:lol: :lol:

Latest posts