ET

Help Support CattleToday:

ffamom

Reaction score
My son's cow is being flushed on Thursday. We are pretty excited about the process. They said that my son could help classify the embyros. Hopefully, she will have at least 6, the national average. This is my families 1st experience with ET. I hope it works out since my son is spending his hard earned money on this. Most kids his age are buying stereo systems and he is "pimping" his cow.

Very excited for him.

I have two very ugly regestered Angus that are GREAT mothers. They both get ET's each year.

Good luck.

ffamom":1db3fcr0 said:
My son's cow is being flushed on Thursday. We are pretty excited about the process. They said that my son could help classify the embyros. Hopefully, she will have at least 6, the national average. This is my families 1st experience with ET. I hope it works out since my son is spending his hard earned money on this. Most kids his age are buying stereo systems and he is "pimping" his cow.

May I ask, what is the cost of ET, including the flush complete to the transfer? per embryo or lets say 6 cows. It you don't want to post here please pm me.

Thanks,

Alan

its pretty expensive.. if you have cows that don't conceive or cow that don't flush or poor calves you can lose some serious coin...... one thing that always crosses my mind when we do ET is that not every bull born is a keeper and he is gonna be a steer calf and only worth 5 or 6 or 7 hundred almost the cost i have invested in him alone in ET costs.

My vet charges $100/embryo recovered. I asked about it once -- was seriously interested -- but in the end changed my mind and decided not to flush the cow.

I don't know the end cost yet. It should come out to around a $1000 to 1200. He wouldn't have been able to afford it if they were 100 a piece since she at 22 grade one embryos and a total of 31.

most flushes cost around $350-$400 per flush. then it is $35-$50 to freeze each egg. Then it is $50 to transfer eggs. Then you have the set up fee on the recip cow. you will have around $1300-$1500 in each calf if you use a calf raiser program

Mom,

31 eggs total. That is a lot. Did your doc say anything about the effect of hot weather on flushes/conception? If I remember you are somewhere near Houston? We are near Houston and have been trying to AI late breeders. Just wondered what your experience was in that area.

PM me if you prefer. General description of your location is fine.

Thanks

Latest posts