ER Visit

Help Support CattleToday:

I luv herfrds

Reaction score
Well I still hurt this morning but am glad nothing got broke.
Just bruises and pulled muscles.

I had gone into town to get some glass beads to start stripping the house.
Came home got everything set up and it was working wonderfully.
I was up on the ladder on the east side of the house and I had to get down to shake the container holding the glass and for some stupid reason I thought I was on the 3rd step not the 4th.
I took one step down and then stepped off to just be right on the ground.
Yep I was right on the ground alright.
Knocked the wind out of myself. Felt like my right side had turned to mush and I was cussing myself for not sticking my cell phone in my pocket.
Got to the house and called hubby who took me in to get checked out.
Didn't feel it til later but my upper left arm had struck the wooden steps on that side of the house, realized it could have been my head.
This happened at 7:30pm we got home at 2am.

Got a couple shots in the rear for pain and anti nausea and a prescription for pain.
Hubby told me no more ladders and find someone else to strip the house.

I know you are anxious to get your house done but darn it ILH be careful. So glad to hear it was not more serious or that your husband could have been posting for you about this. :(
Can you get some scaffolding to work from, sounds safer than just a ladder, especially working by yourself.

Take care and feel better soon :heart:

I'm calling around trying to find someone else to do it HD.

The pain meds they prescribed make me feel better, sort of like I'm floating. So no driving, no media blasting and my son helps me milk my cow and daughter is feeding them at night.

So sorry to hear about your mishap ILH.Glad it was not as serious as it could have been.
Gonna have to say the first thing came to mind when I saw ER and your post I thought "fell off ladder".
My thoughts are you need to take some time off from you work on your house and when you get back to it it will go smoother.

Cal

You are lucky, my Mom fell off a ladder onmce, had internal bleedng and emergency surgery to stop it-

ILH glad to hear it was not more serious, you have to take care of yourself, rest up and let the others run around after you for a change. Leave the house for a bit, and as your hubby says 'No more ladders' wise words.

Waiting to hear from the only place I found around here that does the media blasting. They are going to give us a bid.

Let the experts do it.

Wow...glad you're okay ILH. Hope you're healing well.
If you can't find anyone else to do it for you, you might want to look at using pump jacks instead of ladders or having to rent scaffold. You only need to purchase 2 jacks, 2 braces, safety net & lumber for poles & planks. It's what we use when we're doing 2nd story work, like window & door installs. I'm terrified of heights, have even been stuck on a couple roofs, frozen with fear, but I'm okay on the pump jack platforms, even without a safety net.
Here's one link: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0000224MP/?tag=cattletoday00-20

Thanks for the link CF. I got stuck on a roof several years ago fixing something. Went to get off and started sliding off. Scared the daylights out of me. My son had to go up and tell his grandma to call the uncle to come get me down. Son was 4 at the time.

Hubby and I were talking about renting a platform lift and using that to restain the house and put housewrap on the end gables.

Latest posts