Employment Guidelines for 2007

Help Support CattleToday:

Jogeephus

Reaction score
With Congress getting tougher on illegal's, I thought it might be helpful to provide you good folks some tips that might keep you out of trouble with Sambo. Not saying these have all happened to me - but most have. Please add to the list so we can all be more compliant in 2007.

Your help might be illegal if…….

They don't speak English.

They do not work smart but do work hard.

They came from your local federally funded migrant worker assistance office – with high recommendations.

They spend twenty minutes pulling wire from the harrow only to throw it back in the field.

They keep their foot on the clutch while they drive tractors.

The IRS sends you notice stating there social security number doesn't match their name and request that you fill out a bunch of forms and submit the social security tax each time the fellow is paid.

They have a Florida drivers license but a local address – and you don't live in Florida.

They put a spent propane tank in the burn pile.

They run if your buddy from the sheriff's office pulls up.

Some don't show up for work because they are out sick from eating barbeque cooked over telephone poles.

They burn feed bags in the dry grass rather than in the plowed field hence burning your barn down – and don't seem the least bit concerned.

They will run out of gas, nails, boards, oil, paint or whatever before informing you they are running short and will normally tell you just as you return from the place you could have easily gotten the stuff.

With the thermostat in the red, they will sit and wait for someone to tell them what to do.

They know how to do everything – even if they don't and don't mind making a mess out of the job until you figure out their limitations.

After cutting a finger off, you find them back at work with cotton and duct tape around the finger instead of at the lawyer's office.

They change the oil in their vehicles once a year – whether it needs it or not – and will extend the same care to your equipment if allowed.

They are dating an obese white woman.

If married, they don't like you to kid around about Sancho.

Jogeephus said:
With Congress getting tougher on illegal's, I thought it might be helpful to provide you good folks some tips that might keep you out of trouble with Sambo. Not saying these have all happened to me - but most have. Please add to the list so we can all be more compliant in 2007.

Your help might be illegal if…….

They don't speak English.

They do not work smart but do work hard.

They came from your local federally funded migrant worker assistance office – with high recommendations.

They spend twenty minutes pulling wire from the harrow only to throw it back in the field.

They keep their foot on the clutch while they drive tractors.

The IRS sends you notice stating there social security number doesn't match their name and request that you fill out a bunch of forms and submit the social security tax each time the fellow is paid.

They have a Florida drivers license but a local address – and you don't live in Florida.

They put a spent propane tank in the burn pile.

They run if your buddy from the sheriff's office pulls up.

Some don't show up for work because they are out sick from eating barbeque cooked over telephone poles.

They burn feed bags in the dry grass rather than in the plowed field hence burning your barn down – and don't seem the least bit concerned.

They will run out of gas, nails, boards, oil, paint or whatever before informing you they are running short and will normally tell you just as you return from the place you could have easily gotten the stuff.

With the thermostat in the red, they will sit and wait for someone to tell them what to do.

They know how to do everything – even if they don't and don't mind making a mess out of the job until you figure out their limitations.

After cutting a finger off, you find them back at work with cotton and duct tape around the finger instead of at the lawyer's office.

They change the oil in their vehicles once a year – whether it needs it or not – and will extend the same care to your equipment if allowed.

They are dating an obese white woman.

If married, they don't like you to kid around about Sancho.[/quote

That resembles the situation.

Is this from personal experience? I like the one about the obese white woman. I have also found that to be true with the Arab students I want to school with at UTA.

Lammie":30wlci6h said:
Is this from personal experience? I like the one about the obese white woman. I have also found that to be true with the Arab students I want to school with at UTA.

I went to look at a truck for sale at Versailles KY and got to talking with the owner. He raised tobacco and hired migrants. He said "they work real good the first year. Then they go into Lexington and marry a fat girl and they aren't worth a hoot after that."
I guess fat white girls need love too. :lol:

Lammie":1yxprwzp said:

Unfortunately yes - with the exception of the finger, that happened to my friend at his sawmill. At times I have to have additional help and most people feel they are above doing what I have to do so they are essential to get some things done. I work right alongside them and am cautious that they do not get hurt. A week or so ago, I handed out whistles to be used when something went haywire. Believe it or not, I have spent the last six days trying to teach two guys how to blow a frigging whistle - they just don't get it. :shock: :roll: But, I see no alternative at this time. I've found it is cheaper on equipment if the gov't pays the 50 bucks a day to keep some of the potential workers on the porch and out of my way.

Latest posts