Elk Season was a Wash

Help Support CattleToday:

Dave

Reaction score
Elk season was a wash. Literally. All I needed was a bar of soap. Between the pouring rain and being socked in with clouds I only had two days out of nine that were decent hunting. The roads washed out and there were slides every where. Seattle weather said that they have already set a new record for the most rain in the month of November and it didn't rain nearly as much in Seattle as it did where I hunt.
Oh well, we do it for the experience and it sure was an experience this year.
Dave

Dave":s7cvnvt8 said:
Elk season was a wash. Literally. All I needed was a bar of soap. Between the pouring rain and being socked in with clouds I only had two days out of nine that were decent hunting. The roads washed out and there were slides every where. Seattle weather said that they have already set a new record for the most rain in the month of November and it didn't rain nearly as much in Seattle as it did where I hunt.
Dave

Seems like when I used to hunt in the Olympics that was pretty much a normal year.

dun

Yep, Dun, after 40 plus years of elk hunting in Western Washington I have come to expect rain and clouds but this year was certainly not the normal one. It is not often that you get a new record rainfall for a month before the month is even half over.

I hunt in the Willapa Hills. On a clear day if you look west you are looking right out the mouth of the Columbia at the ocean. When storms come in off the ocean the hills I am on is the first thing they hit.

On a good note the one good day I did have I saw 5 herds that must of had a total of 90 elk. But only 5 were bulls and 4 of those were spikes (3 point or better area). The one legal bull I did see was sneakier than I was. Looks like I eat beef this winter.

Dave

Dave":x0ru47ta said:
Dave

My mom called last weekend (parents live in Tenino, just south of Olympia) and we had a herd of 60 or so elk in our pasture again, she said they wouldnt leave and couldnt find anyone around to shoot one :eek:

DSC02074.JPG

Here is a 2006 washington Bull Taken last week by a friend.[/img]

cowspider":oc6zvkn6 said:
2006BobsBull.jpg
[/img]

Here is the one "I" got last Week.

That's me standing by him. I need some help packing him out.

I saw a whitetail a couple of days ago about that size

dun

Here's a picture of the B&C record buck I took last fall in my lower pasture.Z

>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>

Jackalope.jpg

Seems like alot of guys got sknuked this season...the wives are calling with freezer beef orders.
The whitetails are getting bold enough to visit the barn at night, tracks around the doors where we put up some hay. Looks the dogs are sleeping on the job.
DMc

Latest posts