Electric fence tape

Help Support CattleToday:

M-5

Reaction score
AT the FLORIDA STATE line checking papers
I use the tape to section off pasture and a pet peeve of mine is tape just tied to the insulator . I use the same spool in several areas and have insulators on the post that I just leave in place when I move the wire. You can buy these splicers but I get them free from construction sites. They are used to bundle brick and you can pick up 10 to 15 at each site the masons just cut the orange strap and throw them on the ground. I use them to hold my tape in place and you can tighten it without tying it off.

Novel idea. My dad uses the tape. I'm about weaned of lectric fences. I'll show him.

M-5":2upt4wio said:
I use the tape to section off pasture and a pet peeve of mine is tape just tied to the insulator . I use the same spool in several areas and have insulators on the post that I just leave in place when I move the wire. You can buy these splicers but I get them free from construction sites. They are used to bundle brick and you can pick up 10 to 15 at each site the masons just cut the orange strap and throw them on the ground. I use them to hold my tape in place and you can tighten it without tying it off.
aaaagh!! The evil :devil2: barbed wire!!! Civilized people use only slick HT wire, not that ghastly stuff!! :hide:

Do you have problems with the tape over time? We bought a roll, and it seems to get shorts in it more often than the rope. We only have a small section left that we use in certain situations... the other problem we have with the tape is that it moves more in the wind, which we get a lot of out here. Sometimes, the temp push in poles wiggle out of the ground from the wind hitting the tape and causing friction...

fenceman":2ipg4r59 said:
Neat tip, try not to get locked up lurking around construction sites. ;-)

It's where I get all my lumber and nails! I see no problem with hanging around construction sites. I should say, because of my busy, professional based schedule the only time allotted to this is between 2 and 3 am.

Fire Sweep Ranch":dgzidly7 said:
Do you have problems with the tape over time? We bought a roll, and it seems to get shorts in it more often than the rope. We only have a small section left that we use in certain situations... the other problem we have with the tape is that it moves more in the wind, which we get a lot of out here. Sometimes, the temp push in poles wiggle out of the ground from the wind hitting the tape and causing friction...

Putting a twist in the tape as you roll it out seems to help it shed the wind somewhat.

Alan":3r5g0i2t said:
fenceman":3r5g0i2t said:

It's where I get all my lumber and nails! I see no problem with hanging around construction sites. I should say, because of my busy, professional based schedule the only time allotted to this is between 2 and 3 am.
:shock:

Alan":2djkr07m said:
fenceman":2djkr07m said:

Oh Alan--You do understand, that now--you can never again say anything about "that" guy stealing crab legs........

Latest posts