Eighteen Sixtish Multi Tool

Help Support CattleToday:

backhoeboogie":g5w2azta said:
Are there caves around there?

It is a spelunker hammer.

Somebody used to be a cave dweller.

I believe you might be right. I knew i seen something just like that before. My grandpa has something just like it somewhere i remember as a kid asking him what it was for and he said his dad used it to shape rock for tunnels. He made the tunnels under roads for cows to pass from pasture to pasture.

Jogeephus":9futkqlc said:
hillrancher":9futkqlc said:
Looks like a homemade slag or chipping hammer.

Is that for chipping wood and putting in pegs in buildings and such? The house next to the barn I'm tearing down has pegs and such in it. Its old. General May of the CSA used to live in it.
I asked my dad who is 83 what it was and he said they used to use them for the wooden pegs like you said Jo
he said the end that is like a screw driver was used to chip the hole out so the pegs would fit it was alot sharper yrs ago he said your has had alot of misuse over the yrs

he actually has on like that that is in alot better shape

Angus Cowman":5hbfar3b said:

Most things on my place are normally about wore out before I get them. I see no reason for this to be any different. Tradition I guess.

I like rumaging through the old barns and such. I got a few other things I'll try and post and see if ya'll can figure out what they were used for. I want to go through this barn real close. There are some neat looking things under the barn that I want to pull out but its structurally scary and it also is scary from the standpoint of those snattlerakes that I know are in the barn.

Jogeephus":3ti5n9bh said:
Angus Cowman":3ti5n9bh said:

Most things on my place are normally about wore out before I get them. I see no reason for this to be any different. Tradition I guess.

I like rumaging through the old barns and such. I got a few other things I'll try and post and see if ya'll can figure out what they were used for. I want to go through this barn real close. There are some neat looking things under the barn that I want to pull out but its structurally scary and it also is scary from the standpoint of those snattlerakes that I know are in the barn.
Jogeephus, you be careful if you go under that barn. And don't forget your spray paint for art work.

Latest posts