Effective ways to eliminate parasite nets on litter trays

Help Support CattleToday:

Miley

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I've got 5 cats and wonder if there's effective ways to eliminate "parasite nets" on litter trays.

Thanks a lot,

Personally, I always use natural products to disinfect my cat litter trays; I do not much rely on chemical ones. Baking soda is a powerful cleanser to eliminate bacteria and microbes. It can be used on cat litter trays, bird cages, bins, mattresses, rugs… in that way I can also make savings.

Gwenaelle":3bnw3hf2 said:
Personally, I always use natural products to disinfect my cat litter trays; I do not much rely on chemical ones. Baking soda is a powerful cleanser to eliminate bacteria and microbes. It can be used on cat litter trays, bird cages, bins, mattresses, rugs… in that way I can also make savings.

Does it really work?

highgrit":17r1ohek said:
Bleach will get the job done.

I've already used Bleach as disinfectant before but I don't really like it. It has a very strong odor and its power degrades with age and exposure to heat or light, that's why I'm looking for effective ways ones, anyway thanks for the suggestion.

Miley":2q3tra2g said:
Hi everyone!

I've got 5 cats and wonder if there's effective ways to eliminate "parasite nets" on litter trays.

Thanks a lot,

I can't completely figure out what you are asking. What are you calling "parasite nets"?

If you clean the litter frequently, you won't allow intestinal parasites to form to the larval stage that can re-infect them or children. Dilute bleach as previously mentioned, is one of the best cleaners known. But don't leave it in the box, you rinse it out completely, otherwise it is irritating to the skin. If the odor is a problem for the cat, just use dish washing soap every few weeks and just keep it cleaned out or fresh litter otherwise.

Miley":1ou27iop said:
Does it really work?

Sure, it does! It's a friend of mine who suggested me this technique. I also discovered it through books, "1001 uses and properties of baking soda" The health publishing company for example, there are many ways of using baking soda, not only for pets. Otherwise, you can use "Bleach" which is well-known cleaners. It's up to you.

Thank you all for replying, I haven't use Diatomeceous yet but maybe I'll give it a try. "1001 uses and properties of baking soda" by the health publishing company, I don't have the book yet but I'll try to get it next week if I have time.

Latest posts