Economy Reality

Help Support CattleToday:

Shorts, short sleeve shirts and Crocs will be on sale after the first cold front. We shop at Academy, Tractor supply, Walmart and Goodwill. Goodwill is the best Tee-shirts are $2.00 and work pants $5-10 bucks. We don't eat supper out 10 times a year, but Dairy Queen has a $5.00 lunch menu and it comes with ice cream. :D

highgrit":31aclo9u said:
Shorts, short sleeve shirts and Crocs will be on sale after the first cold front. We shop at Academy, Tractor supply, Walmart and Goodwill. Goodwill is the best Tee-shirts are $2.00 and work pants $5-10 bucks. We don't eat supper out 10 times a year, but Dairy Queen has a $5.00 lunch menu and it comes with ice cream. :D

I do buy my farm shirts aka get dirty shirts from good will. But my office shirts have to be nicer and good will doesn't have them always. I've never been able to find jeans at goodwill but I do have several pair if kahakis from there. I get t-shirts free from vendors. I wish my vendors gave away overhalls

I'm almost to the point of being willing to pay whatever. I haven't bought a pair of jeans in 2 years. Not that I don't want to, just can't find a pair that fits. I tried last just couple days ago after I ripped one of my last few going out in public pairs, went through every pair in the place and couldn't find a boot cut in my size.

Apparently, it is a law that the bigger in the waste you get, the shorter they make the length. :mad:

Or if I find a pair that is the right size length/waste, it is made for "slim" cut, or something ridiculous. I'm going to have to start mail order or something.

Majority of the stores around here won't carry 36" length so it's a pain in the a$$ to shop. I wear Wranglers, not nut huggers but not much wiggle room either. I can't bring my self to shop at Goodwill but there aren't any close so it's not a problem. I do hit the clearance rack at Family Center when I'm through Rolla. Wife buys my work clothes, couldn't tell you where or what any of it costs.

My waist is 1" smaller than the length
I guess I must nearly as tall laying down as standing up

I just wear the cheap walmart jeans. An entire out fit, actually 3 or 4 outfits don;t come to 200 bucks.

TennesseeTuxedo":106qco47 said:
skyhightree1":106qco47 said:
M5farm":106qco47 said:
so your one of those guys that wore a 30 in highschool and refuses to change waste sizes. LOL . My theory is as long as my waist size is not more than my age Im good.

lol I past my age what does that mean? :oops:

You need to lose weight.

Wise guy huh :lol2:

Nothing but Wranglers for me. Have worn them all my life. M5 I have the same disease you ahve AND if you push them down farm enough in the front the front button and zipper make a good support for your belly. Worn them all my life. No idea what the price is as most of them are from 4 to 10 years old and still going strong. Most times I wear polo shirts or teeshirts (not the big name brands). Seems socks and underwear have gone through the roof. A large pizza is around $20, two burgers, fries and drinks around $14.00. Ribeye from $18 to $60 depending on where you eat. Wife get's PO'd about cost of toilet paper, paper towels, toothpaste etc. BTW my Ariats cost $89. ;-) and caps are free at feedstores, etc. Seems just about everyone now advertises with gimme caps.

skyhightree1":2rpyh3xl said:
CottageFarm":2rpyh3xl said:
:lol: :lol: sky!
Mr. CF likes traditional old 501 button fly. They're almost never on sale.
I'm not as fussy, but the 550 boot cut were my preferred cut.
No comment on the nut buster thang other than to say.... I have seen some wranglers on a few men that I had to wonder about the comfort. Seems like they might have some effect on fertility :p :hide:

:lol2: I can't do levi's of any cut :lol2: I have big legs and calves and it just doesn't feel comfortable lol Fertility effects :lol2:
I've read a lot of your Posts. This is probably good. :lol2:

john250":4wz9zmow said:
skyhightree1":4wz9zmow said:
CottageFarm":4wz9zmow said:
:lol: :lol: sky!
Mr. CF likes traditional old 501 button fly. They're almost never on sale.
I'm not as fussy, but the 550 boot cut were my preferred cut.
No comment on the nut buster thang other than to say.... I have seen some wranglers on a few men that I had to wonder about the comfort. Seems like they might have some effect on fertility :p :hide:

:lol2: I can't do levi's of any cut :lol2: I have big legs and calves and it just doesn't feel comfortable lol Fertility effects :lol2:
I've read a lot of your Posts. This is probably good. :lol2:

:shock: :lol2:

Hubby wears Cowboy Cut Wranglers jeans ONLY. Won't wear shorts or any other type of lower body clothing such as slacks or khakis. Cowboy Cut Wranglers is what he will be buried in.

If he is not at work, no matter what time of year, he is in a long sleeve shirt, fully buttoned or snapped. Prefers the Wrangler work shirts that snap but will wear most any western type work shirt. Won't wear T shirts or short sleeve anything, no matter how hot it is outside.

I got him some fake crocs but he won't wear them outside the house.

If you are a bargain shopper you can catch Wranglers on sale at TSC sometimes for around $22. The work shirts I can get at the Wrangler outlet in Sulphur Springs for $18. I'd buy the jeans there but he has a long inseam and most of their stuff is 32" max length.

I wear all kinds of jeans but my favorites are Levi's and I have no qualms about shopping garage sales or buying used jeans on eBay in my size/style. I will spend no more than $20 on a pair of jeans. Most of mine I got for $10 or less. Yes, I am cheap!

I buy all of my clothes on sale. I buy nice things, but I always wait until the price has been cut several times and then take some more off. I would never pay $200 for a pair of shoes.
My husband does the same thing, but he will from time to time buy some expensive shoes or boots.
Now my daughter is a different story, but she makes her own living. She can afford to buy what she wants.

I've discovered that denim companies don't think there are any tall skinny guys out there, I'm a 30 waist, 32 inseam, been that since I was about 16... darned near impossible to find pants, so i don't get to be too picky about cut. I do like wranglers, but their quality has tanked in the last bunch of years... doesn't matter the brand, they're all the same now as far as the denim goes, you just pay for the brand. I bought a walmart brand pair for $18 and wranglers for $22. I am stingy as well, so I save money on footwear by not wearing shoes from march to october, I build up some darned tough leather on my feet and have no problem walking on gravel, or through freshly cut alfalfa stubble.

I wouldn't mind the increase in price so much if the quality was there to back it up, but what chafes my arse is that we keep paying more for less and less quality.. Like plastic 10qt pails are so flimsy now they're pretty much one time use.. Tarps are the same. Cummins now makes most of it's parts in china, but doesn't give anyone a break on price, you still pay full price for lesser quality.
All the old tool companies, etc are "mining" their reputation and selling garbage.. eventually it'll catch up to them. The worst part of it is that it drives everyone here who tries to make something decent out of business.

What I have come to realize is that if it weren't for China, we'd all have to walk around naked, but we wouldn't need pockets anyhow, anything we'd put in them would be made there too.

M5farm":1hiv4wlu said:
Seeing the threads on the cost of eating out and the cost of fast food. Makes me question how far out of touch with reality are a lot of you. a single Value meal at any fast food burger joints has been around 7 or 8 bucks for several years. Gas is still over 3$ a gallon and milk is still around $3.60 gal. a steak at a mom and pop nice restaurant is 25 bucks. a 20 oz soda is a 1.60, a pair of levis are 40 bucks, a new pair of ariats are 200.00 and a nice short sleeve Columbia shirt is 40 to 50 bucks.
everything is high. a new roof on a 40sq house is gonna cost 10k. 5 years ago that roof would have been 5k. I work in town so I see the cost of goods continue to rise. If I take a couple of customers out to the local country buffet its 50 bucks for 3 of us.

When you regulate everything to death or run it overseas and are running the printing presses wide
open throttle. What did you expect. The government has two ways to make money print it
or taxes. Regulation is just covert for tax it. The more they print the less it is worth.
We have totally brought this on ourselves.
We cannot continue to force banks to lend money to people that can repay it.
We cannot continue to support people who refuse to work.
We cannot continue to be the worlds police force.
This is simple you kill an American we kill 100K of you.
We cannot continue to have open borders feed, house, medicate and cloth everyone that crosses.

We are about to loose this country and it is our own dam fault.
The media, universities and Washington needs to cleaned up.

LauraleesFarm":1o89xnnj said:
I got him some fake crocs but he won't wear them outside the house.

Yes, I am cheap!

Ahhh come on Lauralee....no real man is going out in "FAKE" crocs....get him the real things and he'll look "studly" and proud. ;-) :lol2:

LauraleesFarm said:
Hubby wears Cowboy Cut Wranglers jeans ONLY. Won't wear shorts or any other type of lower body clothing such as slacks or khakis. Cowboy Cut Wranglers is what he will be buried in.

If he is not at work, no matter what time of year, he is in a long sleeve shirt, fully buttoned or snapped. Prefers the Wrangler work shirts that snap but will wear most any western type work shirt. Won't wear T shirts or short sleeve anything, no matter how hot it is outside.

Good man Ya got there... :tiphat:

Orerancher":2ct7eb4p said:
LauraleesFarm":2ct7eb4p said:

Good man Ya got there... :tiphat:
Most of the drugstore cowboys down here also carry their wallet in their front pocket....hard on the nuts but doesn't put a bulge int the back pocket and mess up the looks of their "cute little ass". :lol2: :lol2:

Latest posts