EBT

Help Support CattleToday:

Cross-7

Reaction score
I went to Walmart earlier this morning and picked up two items.
I was headed to the express lane to check out.
There was a guy, his wife and 3-4 little ones.
He was trying to beat me to the 20 items of less check out.
I got there before him and wouldn't have noticed most times, but he was in my space and stacking stuff on the conveyor belt.
He had two basket of junk food. Frozen corn dogs, pizzas and etc.
He was stacking it on there and his wife said you can't put that on there, you'll have to pay for that.
I looked over and it was a 30 pack of Bud.
He took it off and put two cases of the little capri sun type drinks in its place.
From what I saw there wasn't a bit of decent food in either basket.
I looked him over and he looked to be mid to late 20's and in good physical health.
I've thought about it all day.
Maybe it was his day off.
Maybe he fell on hard times and lost his job.
Maybe I need not to judge others

I'm going to fix HB and potatoes in the slow cooker.
Roll it in a tortilla with spinach, lettuce and ranch dressing.
I'll make a couple extra to take for lunch tomorrow.
I have some squash, zucchini, potato and sausage left over from the weekend ill finish off.
Seems EBT should be limited to real food and not junk.

I see it a lot and it chaps my a$$. Really pisses me off when they go outside and get in an Escalade with 26" spinners.

Here is a good example of the waste in the program. This tiny store was able to defraud the taxpayers out of $5 million. What is pathetic is the slap on the hand the courts are giving them. Not only do they steal our taxes but the waste hundreds of thousands of dollars prosecuting them and the penalty is so minor.

http://www.heraldonline.com/news/local/ ... 44783.html

skyhightree1":34y58jrq said:
Ol' 243":34y58jrq said:
I see it a lot and it chaps my a$$. Really be nice me off when they go outside and get in an Escalade with 26" spinners.

They still make spinners ?

That's rediculous. Everybody know the thing to have is a blacked out escalade on rockstars.

Cross-7":1k88r1zj said:
I got there before him and wouldn't have noticed most times, but he was in my space and stacking stuff on the conveyor belt.
He was stacking it on there and his wife said you can't put that on there, you'll have to pay for that.
He took it off and put two cases of the little capri sun type drinks in its place.
I looked him over and he looked to be mid to late 20's and in good physical health.

I have some squash, zucchini, potato and sausage left over from the weekend ill finish off.

Can you really blame them for using the system we've allowed to legally evolve into what it is today?? Don't worry about it. At least he didn't have a personalized cap on with the name of his ranch on it.

BTW wife wasn't feeling good at lunch today so I had a can of spam and a half pkg of saltine crackers for lunch.

Craig Miller":290a5rcq said:
skyhightree1":290a5rcq said:
Ol' 243":290a5rcq said:
I see it a lot and it chaps my a$$. Really be nice me off when they go outside and get in an Escalade with 26" spinners.

They still make spinners ?

That's rediculous. Everybody know the thing to have is a blacked out escalade on rockstars.

If they are still ' ridin spinners ' they truly need the entire card

TexasBred":2a3fi5b9 said:
Cross-7":2a3fi5b9 said:

Can you really blame them for using the system we've allowed to legally evolve into what it is today?? Don't worry about it. At least he didn't have a personalized cap on with the name of his ranch on it.

BTW wife wasn't feeling good at lunch today so I had a can of spam and a half pkg of saltine crackers for lunch.

Fried spam on bread with mustard is one of my favorites
If it's where I can fry couple eggs with potatoes, topped with spinach and salsa is even better

skyhightree1":2l565wnz said:
TexasBred":2l565wnz said:

I eat that for lunch alot too..with orange soda

I prefer orange crush myself

It should be treated like the public school lunches. Has to meet certain nutritional guide lines. I have to remind self daily, that for every schmuck on ebt, there is half a dozen hungry kids that aren't in control of the situation.

I see the same lady, all the time. She buys individualy wrapped honey buns, and soda in individual bottles with ebt. Seems so silly, when she could buy a box of honey buns and a case of drinks next door. Such a waste.

Bigfoot":37a9uh92 said:
It should be treated like the public school lunches. Has to meet certain nutritional guide lines. I have to remind self daily, that for every schmuck on ebt, there is half a dozen hungry kids that aren't in control of the situation.

I see the same lady, all the time. She buys individualy wrapped honey buns, and soda in individual bottles with ebt. Seems so silly, when she could buy a box of honey buns and a case of drinks next door. Such a waste.

Bigfoot, it's not their money and they didn't have to work for it so they just pee it away.

See the same thing up here all the time makes me just heated walking into the store. Businesses all over looking for help too. They should have to pass a drug test and prove they can't work. I'm all for helping the elders and those in tough spot, but those lazy buggers who are able to work just make my blood boil.

Smoothy":26htbzem said:
See the same thing up here all the time makes me just heated walking into the store. Businesses all over looking for help too. They should have to pass a drug test and prove they can't work. I'm all for helping the elders and those in tough spot, but those lazy buggers who are able to work just make my blood boil.

I am required to get tested if asked. The alternative would be seek employment elsewhere. No reason in the world why they shouldn't as well.

I agree 100%. I'm required for for work once a year and can get a random anytime throughout the year. I don't like generalize a group of people but know there's more than a few that spend money on "other" activities than taking care of there kids.

Latest posts