Eating Beef: The new birth control?

Help Support CattleToday:

I read that headline the other day...didn't read the article. I'm to a point that if I read everything like that, with this study, and that study, I'll be too scared to live anymore.

Alice

Saw the article also on MSNBC.

As if this is a "real" problem...duh!

All it takes is one swimmer to reach the destination...and, perhaps cause an accident... ;-) [Still a few billion left behind...]

Don't believe it for one moment. They could of also concluded that since those women eat so much beef their sons were raised eating similiar amounts and that could have caused it. Or maybe Women who are predisposed to have sons with low semen counts are more likely to consume a lot of beef. I can go on and on with this conjecture. This study has no controls what so ever.

Walt

Oh! no I have condemed my Son from having children because I have eaten a Beef Dinner,,,was it pestcontrolled was it BSC, well if I have maybe it is pest-control no more little pests about. What ever next... what a load of bunk'em we need to eat and eat we shall, you have to die of something so why not of something you enjoy :p scientists don't know what to come up with next. take your head off put back on backwards someone will follow. good to see where your been than where ya going. bah humbug is all I will say to this., load of tripe.

From Drovers:

Report links beef to lower fertility
U.S. women who eat a lot of beef while pregnant give birth to sons who grow up to have low sperm counts, according to research from University of Rochester Medical Center in New York. In sons of "high beef consumers" (more than seven beef meals/week), sperm concentration was 24.3 percent lower. Researchers studied data on the partners of 387 pregnant women in five U.S. cities between 2000 and 2005, and on the mothers of the fathers-to-be. Of the 51 men whose mothers remembered eating the most beef, 18 percent had sperm counts classified by the World Health Organization as sub-fertile. Beef groups have been quick to question the research. To read more, go to http://www.drovers.com.
Calling this report "research" is using the term loosely. Here's how it worked: Adult men who had already conceived children were told to ask their mothers what they ate decades earlier during pregnancy. American Meat Institute vice president of scientific affairs Dr. Randy Hoffman says, "Asking a woman of advanced age to recall with any degree of accuracy her beef consumption patterns 20, 30 or 40 years ago is absolutely absurd." Hoffman also notes that all the men in the study successfully conceived a child without medical assistance. "This appears to be a health study in search of a health problem." — G.H.

Latest posts