Easter

Help Support CattleToday:

farmerjan

Reaction score
To all who celebrate the Easter holiday, I hope that you can find peace and comfort in the day. For many that will church by TV or some remote method, smaller or even no family gatherings. But I hope that the day is good for all.

I enjoy watching church services. I have watched two today, and will probably watch some more as this rainy day progresses.

Went to sun rise services at the church this morning. Everyone stayed in their cars. Somehow? they had it broadcast on an FM radio station. Just turned on the radio to 107.9. Every time the Pastor would ask for an amen someone would honk their car horn. Not sure if the neighbors were awake that early but they were by the time the service was over. Should have parked more to the center of the church. The sun came up right in our faces and gave us the full effect of a sun rise service.

Dave said:
Went to sun rise services at the church this morning. Everyone stayed in their cars. Somehow? they had it broadcast on an FM radio station. Just turned on the radio to 107.9. Every time the Pastor would ask for an amen someone would honk their car horn. Not sure if the neighbors were awake that early but they were by the time the service was over. Should have parked more to the center of the church. The sun came up right in our faces and gave us the full effect of a sun rise service.

Same here. We used a FM transmitter so everyone in the parking lot could hear through the radio.

How many days off do you get at Easter. Over here we have a 4 day weekend and being autumn with warm days and nights starting to freshen a bit it is ideal weather to go camping in the bush or at the beach. It is a very big weekend here for recreation, not so much church. We are a "Heathen" mob here.

Ken

wbvs58 said:
How many days off do you get at Easter. Over here we have a 4 day weekend and being autumn with warm days and nights starting to freshen a bit it is ideal weather to go camping in the bush or at the beach. It is a very big weekend here for recreation, not so much church. We are a "Heathen" mob here.

Ken
Good Friday off if you have a gov't job.

ga.prime said:
wbvs58 said:

Ken

No time off here even with a government job.

kenny thomas said:
ga.prime said:
wbvs58 said:

Ken

No time off here even with a government job.
State by state discretion I reckon.

Must be. Remember VA is a blue liberal state. Today the governor signed a bill saying we will no longer recognize Lee-Jackson day. And another one saying any Confederate monuments can be taken down if the town's wants to.

kenny thomas said:
Must be. Remember VA is a blue liberal state. Today the governor signed a bill saying we will no longer recognize Lee-Jackson day. And another one saying any Confederate monuments can be taken down if the town's wants to.

"thus always to tyrants"

Might want to change that to include comrade.

Latest posts