Easter dinner Florida style

Help Support CattleToday:

hooknline":2a9q622h said:
Those were medium rare...

Seared on the outside ,pink and juicy on the inside. Perfect steak to me . :D

When the weather smartens up I am going to play with the smoker, so will be asking lots of questions . ;-) Will post pics later of it .

highgrit":1am81fxv said:
CKC1586, I called that area home for 30 years. Moved out 20 years ago, use to get all the oysters and clams you wanted from the river. Then to many damm YANKEE'S moved down and polluted the river, and one even got elected mayor. Still miss the salt smell but not the YANKEE'S.
Well, :oops: I guess you would call me a Yankee, being I am from "Up Nort" but I do understand what you are saying...I lived in the Charlevoix area for a few years and we called the tourists that came up there "Fudgies"...Northern Michigan has famous fudge made by Murdochs Fudge Kitchen and they have candy shops in the toursist towns, would be the first stop for tourists...some slamming on their brakes in the middle of main street to stop in front of the store!
But back to Sebastian, (Melbourne area) have been there many times to escape our snow and cold for a week or so and just loved it. Beautiful area.

You can find the shrimp anywhere on the intercoastal from ft pierce all the way up way past state lines I'm sure. Bigbull, I've been known to eat every last shrimp at some of the all you can eat buffets. Actually have had 2 meals comped because they asked me to stop!

here awhile back i ordered a 16oz serloin steak,an as i was ordering it the waitress asked are you sure you dont need a take home box.i looked at her an said when i leave here that steak will be gone.she brought the steak an asked again an my answer was the same.we got done eating an she seen that clean plate,an says i didnt think youd be able to eat it all.an i said i always order a big steak an finish it.

hooknline":196hkg35 said:
Those were medium rare...
This might explain why when I order steak medium rare at any place in Florida in comes burnt. Medium rare in Florida is well done in Texas.

Medium rare is medium rare no matter where its cooked. I start with a searing hot bed, then choked the coals down and finish it for a few minutes.