Dumb Kids

Help Support CattleToday:

MikeC

Reaction score
Went by a neighbors house this morning. 12-13 year old kid out in the front yard shooting arrows straight up in the air!

When it came down and stuck in the ground he would walk over, pull it out of the ground and do it again.

I hope I wasn't that dumb at that age. :shock:

If any of us on this board were that dumb then obviously we had a lot of luck to not end up with serious injuries.

The old saying goes, The Dumb Have Luck.

I did that when I was young. They never come staright back down.... :D

I have a buddy who has bird dogs and he would shoot arrows in the air and the dog would follow them. It was like a game.

Well one day......... Ya :( .......... They don't play that game any more. ;-)

didn't have a bow when I was young, and don't think I want to try that today. Maybe they will learn without a fatality. :D

MikeC":3tvkdes9 said:
Went by a neighbors house this morning. 12-13 year old kid out in the front yard shooting arrows straight up in the air!

When it came down and stuck in the ground he would walk over, pull it out of the ground and do it again.

I hope I wasn't that dumb at that age. :shock:

Shoot, we used to do that all the time when we were kids. My brother had a bow and arrow. Blunt tip arrows, but I am sure they could do some damage if they hit you on the head or foot, or anywhere... Anyway, he'd shoot them up and me and some neighborhood kid would stand there and watch. I had one land right in front of my foot once.

I am amazed I survived childhood sometimes...

I also did that growing up. Mom & Dad lived in a subdivision. I would get in the backyard and shoot the arrow straight up. Most times you could follow it up, watch it turn and them watch it come down. Occasionaly you would lose the arrow, you could either stand their looking and hoping to see the arrow on the way down or you take out running for cover.

Most times, the arrow landed in the back yard. Sometimes, it would land in the neighbors yard.

Every once in a while it, the wind would catch it and it would stick up in the neighbors roof. More than a few times, I have waited until they left and crawled up on their roof to get my arrow. I always patched the roof with roof cement. They never found out cause I always practiced "RPS", (Retrive, Patch & Shut-up) :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

ditto, I'm amazed I'm still here with my two brothers around. one accidently shot me in the knee with an air riffle, I still have the scar to this day. It went off while loading it, I was lining up the plastic soldiers we used for targets on the loft ladder and the gun went off, I lay on the floor bleeding and screaming, he headed in the other direction before our Daddy came out to see what all the fuss was about. Can't remember his punishment when Daddy found him, but I remember the gun in two halves.

chrisy":1tvhot3y said:
ditto, I'm amazed I'm still here with my two brothers around. one accidently shot me in the knee with an air riffle, I still have the scar to this day. It went off while loading it, I was lining up the plastic soldiers we used for targets on the loft ladder and the gun went off, I lay on the floor bleeding and screaming, he headed in the other direction before our Daddy came out to see what all the fuss was about. Can't remember his punishment when Daddy found him, but I remember the gun in two halves.
This is exactly why I wont go deer hunting with my younger brother. He must have shot me unintentionally with his bb gun twenty times. I wont allow that with a shotgun.

Knew a kid that shot a rock with a .22 that came back and hit him in the knee. :roll: What a dumb a**. He still is.

My "I can't believe I survived" was sledding down a hill at night with 3 other friends. The sled would normally stop at the end of the run because there was a large pile of snow at the edge of the pond, well this time it didn't. We bounced once with the inner tube and twice without. Because we were the first over it we could see that once launched we went about 15-20 feet before touch down. The road was about 6-8 feet above us. We could barely move.
Lucky we didn't break our necks or backs. It sure was fun being young and dumb.

When I was a kid, I did that with a recurve bow. The arrows never came straight back down and you could watch them thru their whole flight. Then I upgraded to a compound bow. Did it once with the compound but never again.

We also would go bike riding after a heavy rain and see who could get the farthest out at the low water crossing before the water started to carry our bikes away. Sometimes that water would be 30 or 40 yards across and we were out in the middle of it struggling with a bike trying to walk back.

I was allowed to play with fire crackers alone from the time I was five. Me, a coffee can with Black Cats and a lit stick.

Those were the good old day. And I salute you with the two good fingers I have on my right hand!

Lammie":so5bhtco said:
Those were the good old day. And I salute you with the two good fingers I have on my right hand!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

One game I remember as a kid, we use to get out in middle of dirt road and step off maybe 20 or 30 yards line up like gun fighters about to have a shoot out and then throw rocks at each other. The object was you could not move your feet, you could move your body to dodge rocks just never your feet.

Also remember BB gun fights, paint ball guns came a few years to late for us. We all had them cheap one caulk Daisy BB guns that were bearable if hit by. Lucky no one put an eye out though. We also use to play a game we called Rabbit with them. 3 of us would have BB guns and one would be the rabbit, the ones with gun would set on my porch while the rabbit would run between trees in front yard trying to dodge being shot by the gun holders.

Just glad we never had bows and arrows.

aplusmnt":2wwomzab said:
Lammie":2wwomzab said:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

One game I remember as a kid, we use to get out in middle of dirt road and step off maybe 20 or 30 yards line up like gun fighters about to have a shoot out and then throw rocks at each other. The object was you could not move your feet, you could move your body to dodge rocks just never your feet.

Also remember BB gun fights, paint ball guns came a few years to late for us. We all had them cheap one caulk Daisy BB guns that were bearable if hit by. Lucky no one put an eye out though. We also use to play a game we called Rabbit with them. 3 of us would have BB guns and one would be the rabbit, the ones with gun would set on my porch while the rabbit would run between trees in front yard trying to dodge being shot by the gun holders.

Just glad we never had bows and arrows.

We never shot each other with BB guns. I think my sister and older brother did, though. They would also throw firecrackers at each other.

I have a scar on my right wrist from where I got my first stitches. My sister threw apair of scissors at my older brother Joe, and I got caught in the crossfire. I was probably about 3. I can remember getting the stitches and I slightly remember when I was cut, looking at the blood.

We threw little green plumbs at each other. We would make forts and then chuck them at each other. We must have had thousands of little plumbs and they smarted when they hit.

We also blew up rotten fruit with fire crackers. And model cars, and we made little holes in to bigger ones.

And we played at construction sites. And we went into a grain elevator and played.

Stupid stuff.

When i was little my older brother would push me off the back of a running horse! :shock: And he pushed me out of trees, and tryed to drown me in my aunts pool.
I was loved!!

Katy

Speaking of throwing rocks, plums, etc....Have any of you ever had a battle with throwing green pinecones at each other?

I remember more than a few times either hitting someone or getting hit with a green pinecone and drawing blood. They were sharp and hard as a rock.

I also remember when we were about 13 or 14 years old, we would box for the heck of it. We would clear out a square area in the pinestraw, put on the boxing gloves and go after each other for the fun of it. I feel too old now for such foolishness.

I was always the test subject for the 'iffy' things that went on around the farm. My older cousins made me go sledding off of the barn roof (big barn..not very much snow on the ground) to see if it was safe. It wasnt safe. I got ran over by the golf cart-more than once. Everytime I was told "Just be happy it wasnt the tractor". One of the older cousins talked me into riding a cow, because she was a "nice, friendly old cow"-She wasnt nice, or friendly. Thankfully, she was old. We still have crab apple fights. Those little buggers HURT. One last thing that I can remember being told, "Hey, Jump out the upstairs window, see if you can land on the trampoline, if not, aim for the pool!"

Latest posts