Dumb calf?

Help Support CattleToday:

birdog

Reaction score
He seems fine just never seen one hang his tongue out before.
DSC00839.JPG

DSC00861.JPG

DSC00838.JPG

Gives him character. I think he's a dandy!

Alice

Not saying that's what happened to this calf - but sometimes, if the calf is slow getting out - their tongue actually swells & they can't get it back in easily for a little while. Bad cases, makes it impossible for them to suck.

Jeanne - Simme Valley":20yyc1xq said:
Not saying that's what happened to this calf - but sometimes, if the calf is slow getting out - their tongue actually swells & they can't get it back in easily for a little while. Bad cases, makes it impossible for them to suck.

Thats what I was thinking it looked like.

yep it is prolly swollen some,i just had the same thing had to tube the calf for a few days and now though he is fine,it has gone away but he wouldnt suck at first

3MR":35bs8qc5 said:
Jeanne - Simme Valley":35bs8qc5 said:

Thats what I was thinking it looked like.

Yes, but for his tongue to be sticking out that far one would expect to see swelling in his head, too. It's hard to tell from the pictures, but his head does not appear to be swollen.

Thanks for all the replys. He is nursing good and mom has plenty of milk. He runs around and kicks with the other calves. I think he is going to be just fine.

Latest posts