Drove to College for what?

Help Support CattleToday:

OwnedByTheCow

Reaction score
I have not been active recently due to Covid and I am glad to see not much has changed with y'all.

Covid has been giving me a royal kick in the behind and it sure has caught me in a rough spot this year. As it has with everyone I am sure. Since driving out here I have been more on my own due to Covid then I really want to think. By the time I reached Wyoming my classes went online and a "online delivery fee" was tacked onto my tuition fees. I have not yet been able to land a job anywhere close to cattle although I'm working real hard to find something. I might end up packing up and trying to find a live in job for the spring if around here gets anymore lonely than it is. I would take horses at this point over the city I'm in.
Covid has made me adult a lot faster than I was ready for but I guess I am figuring it out.

I haven't been able to return home due to my sister's fear of Covid so I really have been alone. Hopefully things start looking up. Glad to stop in and say hi.

I have not been active recently due to Covid and I am glad to see not much has changed with y'all.

Covid has been giving me a royal kick in the behind and it sure has caught me in a rough spot this year. As it has with everyone I am sure. Since driving out here I have been more on my own due to Covid then I really want to think. By the time I reached Wyoming my classes went online and a "online delivery fee" was tacked onto my tuition fees. I have not yet been able to land a job anywhere close to cattle although I'm working real hard to find something. I might end up packing up and trying to find a live in job for the spring if around here gets anymore lonely than it is. I would take horses at this point over the city I'm in.
Covid has made me adult a lot faster than I was ready for but I guess I am figuring it out.

I haven't been able to return home due to my sister's fear of Covid so I really have been alone. Hopefully things start looking up. Glad to stop in and say hi.
What??? As if you didn't already pay enough in tuition!!! Adulting is fun, isn't it.

Are there any animal clinics/hospitals close? Vet's seem to always be looking for a good Vet Tech and you certainly know a lot about large breed animals.

I know this is definitely not how you wanted to start off your first year in college. That which does not kill us makes us stronger. Or is that lame? Regardless, I'm glad you checked in and wishing you luck. Things will get better.

So glad to hear from you. Has your situation changed so much? One thing that you need to do is get on the internet and read the info on "Americasfrontlinedoctors.com" or AFLDS.com. Lots of good info on the covid crap that they are stuffing down our throats. Get your sister to look at it too.... But honestly, being a FORMER YANKEE, and thankful that I am not drinking the koolaid from the liberal left, I have learned alot about really looking at the truth and what is being touted as the truth. There are those on here that totally believe the whole covid - 19 stuff.... but many of us have many reservations about how things are being done and what is being espoused.
I wish I had some solutions for you. With the proposed $15 minimum wage garbage, many of us are going to be even more hard pressed to find decent help. Maybe after the semester is over, we should talk.... might have some possible ideas for you.

From New Hampshire to Wyoming as there is a lot in between. Just saying. Hang in there as tomorrow will be better.

Last edited:
That online fee is challenging. Our twins are Juniors in high school, but we encouraged them to take as many dual credit courses as possible. We thought they would be more educational than public school (and the are). Even at a community college, we got socked a couple thousand dollars in lab fees/supplies. They were delivered yesterday. We had to buy a huge box of stuff. I guess the chemistry labs will be done at home in their entirety.

Glad you are back and hopefully healthy. Us older members of society are under the impression that the younger generation has little to no symptoms with Covid (thanks to our press.) Hope your sister gets good quality info about Covid and you can return home soon without fear of passing it on. Probably not what you are looking to do but animal shelters are usually looking for help. Mostly volunteer but may help with the loneliness part. good luck and we are hear to help you through this.

I'd find some big outfits in the area and ask if they need help. If you can't find websites for contact information, you could go to the local sale barn and ask around.

The COVID restrictions have really messed up the college experience. However, there are several organizations at UW like Collegiate Cattlemen, Collegiate FFA, etc. where you can make contacts and network, etc. I believe there are several internships around depending on your major. Contact the Ag College on these and here are some more: https://wysga.org/programs/scholarships-internships

You might contact Pepper Jo here http://www.uwyo.edu/uw/news/2020/12...nch-management,-leadership-program-at-uw.html She is very upbeat and positive and knows a ton of people -- she can get anyone out of a funk and will be a great resource for you.

Feel free to PM me. I live 100 miles (hour and a half) away from Laramie.

I know right now it seems like it could never be worse than what you are going thru right now but sadly it may. That's life. The great thing is you will forever look back and remember how you made it and who helped you get thru it. Its actually very fortunate that you get to experience a challenge like this at such a young age. It's these events that will build your character over time and teach you to prepare for lifes ups and downs. Some people never get these opportunities and are not prepared for life later on. I went thru several similar set backs and I'm grateful every day. Its put me in a position to help others now.

As HDR said, dont hesitate to ask for help.

That online fee is challenging. Our twins are Juniors in high school, but we encouraged them to take as many dual credit courses as possible. We thought they would be more educational than public school (and the are). Even at a community college, we got socked a couple thousand dollars in lab fees/supplies. They were delivered yesterday. We had to buy a huge box of stuff. I guess the chemistry labs will be done at home in their entirety.
There's lots of labs in ky. I think my neighbor has 1. All kinds of shady people in and out of there

Latest posts