Droopy Ears

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

We recently purchased a one or two day old calf at an auction. She is an herfer brangus cross. She has been doing well except for bloating and gas. A local feed store told us to try to put one raw egg with her milk and this will help with the bloating. But after the third feeding with the egg her ears are drooping and she is not feeling well. We gave her a LA200 shot. Will this help? Should I keep putting the egg in her milk? Did the egg cause the problem? Help?<br>
<br>
<br><hr size=4 width=75%><p>

[email protected]

Either a change in feed or disease can cause the problems you are describing. <p>For bloat I use Therabloat, followed by Probios to get the right microbes working in the gut again. <p>This calf's immune system and body are stressed to the max. You will lose it if you don't stay on top of the problem. Calves that go through the sale barn pick up all kinds of disease organisms they are ill equipped to handle. <p>Feed this calf the highest quality milk replacer according to the instructions on the package and if she quits nursing well, tube feed the calf right away. Don't wait and let the calf get dehydrated. Tube feed until the calf is strong enough to nurse again. Don't believe anyone who tells you "it'll eat when it's hungry enough."<p>I would definitely recommend a consultation and/or visit with your veterinarian.<p>
<br>
<br><hr size=4 width=75%><p>

Latest posts