driving in my field and starting a fire!

Help Support CattleToday:

auctionboy

Reaction score
I came out of the woods on the tractor today to see a strange car parked in my field. They drove thirty feet of the road and were parked. People always do this to watch the sunset on the hill. No body has ever drove so far off the road. So as I am thinking about finishing working or going and kicking them off they start a fire! I drove down and told them it was private property and the man did give me a little attitude instead of saying sorry. I was suprised it was an 45ish man with a couple kids that started the fire. I couldn't believe they would try to start a fire in the hay field, it has been very dry here.

A part of our property used to be this way too. An old county road dead ended on our place. It was the top of a hill overlooking some bottom ground along a small river. Nice breeze, nice view and we would often find evidence of visitors - tire tracks, an occassional bottle or fast food wrapper (typically teenagers). Shortly after we bought the place, we went ahead and put up a gate (and locked it) to close off the last portion of the road where we owned on both sides. There was a little grumbling, but we just didn't feel like adding on any additional risks. It's a shame that people can't be more respectful. Unfortunately, this is something you may want to end up doing. :roll:

Never underestimate stupid people especially in numbers.

One of the dairys set several of them and poured a concrete footing on either side to keep them solid from truck/tractor traffic

Like Double A an old county road dead ended on us. Years ago (probably 40 or so) found a guy from MICHIGAN parked in a field enjoying the morning. We told him he needed to leave since the ground was frozen and beginning to thaw. He said he was OK because he had 4 wheel traction. Some people just refuse to take a hint.

Cuz

You can always tell the ignorant, but you can't tell them much.

Unforunately nowadays alot of people think that all land is public and they can go anywhere they want to and do anything they want.
Had a couple of hunters tresspass a few years ago. They tried to tell the husband that it was state land and they had a state permit and go where they wanted to. He told them to get off. They tore up some of our fields because it was wet. They then had the nerve to ask if they could drive to the end of our fields and pick up another hunter. They were giving him an attitude until they saw he had two guns in the rack in his truck.
Told him to next time get the plate number and call the game warden and let her bust them.

It's so dry here in Montana, that we've already gone onto Hootowl work schedule.... As a matter of fact here are a couple of photos showing just how hot it is here...
ATT000171.jpg

ATT000202.jpg
[/img]

This spot has decent traffic because it is at where our road meets the next. The part that made me made is the town has spread so much gravel that no grass grows for the first ten feet and this person had to drive further on to the grass. The people that get of the interstate and decide all woods are public and enter my land with guns to hunt are the worst. This guy actually told me that the road was a section three or some crap and it was supposed to be 49ft wide? I just staired at him. I can't believe he said that, next time I am not going to ask nice. Yes, the fire was started on purpose because the guy said "we were just burning some old hay". Immature for a 45 year old guy and very disrespectful to the land owner, atleat I didn't have some half burnt pallets and nails to clean up.

It never ceases to amaze me how stupid and inconsiderate some people can be.

A few years ago I went back to a secluded hay field only to find a good portion of it harrowed up and a food plot planted for hunting. Also, there was a tree house that had been built in a lone tree in the middle of the field. These things coupled with the four wheel drive ruts criss-crossing the hay field put me well beyond mad and took appropriate measures to remedy the situation.

It's the attitude nowadays. Any land that is not fenced or posted is an open invatation. Theres a small town south of us where you will see "No Tresspassing" signs posted every 10-12 ft. Pretty sad when you have to do that.

Auctionboy I would have gotten their plate number and turned them in for attempted arson and tresspassing.

Just Curious":zbk22ts0 said:
It's so dry here in Montana, that we've already gone onto Hootowl work schedule.... As a matter of fact here are a couple of photos showing just how hot it is here...

I guess that answers the question "Where does a moose swim"?

ANY WHERE it wants to!

auctionboy":2wrhyq8n said:
This spot has decent traffic because it is at where our road meets the next. The part that made me made is the town has spread so much gravel that no grass grows for the first ten feet and this person had to drive further on to the grass. The people that get of the interstate and decide all woods are public and enter my land with guns to hunt are the worst. This guy actually told me that the road was a section three or some crap and it was supposed to be 49ft wide? I just staired at him. I can't believe he said that, next time I am not going to ask nice. Yes, the fire was started on purpose because the guy said "we were just burning some old hay". Immature for a 45 year old guy and very disrespectful to the land owner, atleat I didn't have some half burnt pallets and nails to clean up.

Even if that were a part of the road, you can't start a fire on the road! What an idiot. Burning some old hay? Why? Where did the hay come from, and if he must burn it, could he not have burned it there? Sounds fishy to me. I know that last year here, at this time, you couldn't even have a grill fire it was so dry. Try to burn anything around here and the fire dept or deputies or someone would ticket you. As well they should. We would keep a close eye on our place everytime there was a grassfire in the area.

Idiots.

Lammie":2av336wd said:
auctionboy":2av336wd said:

Even if that were a part of the road, you can't start a fire on the road! What an idiot. Burning some old hay? Why? Where did the hay come from, and if he must burn it, could he not have burned it there? Sounds fishy to me. I know that last year here, at this time, you couldn't even have a grill fire it was so dry. Try to burn anything around here and the fire dept or deputies or someone would ticket you. As well they should. We would keep a close eye on our place everytime there was a grassfire in the area.

Idiots.
This hay was a small left over windrow spot I missed. Threat of fire is not as bad here as Taxes or I would have reported the person. He was just playing I guess. Still amazed.

auctionboy":2mywavyg said:
Lammie":2mywavyg said:
auctionboy":2mywavyg said:

Idiots.
This hay was a small left over windrow spot I missed. Threat of fire is not as bad here as Taxes or I would have reported the person. He was just playing I guess. Still amazed.

He's a bigger idiot, then.

We had some folks shooting rockets sitting around in chairs in the middle of the drought in a hay field back earlier this year.

Seems my Dad told this guy he could. Mother told me she told him to speak to me.

When I was a kid I couldn't ride my motorcycle across a field ... only around the edges and in the woods. Nothing was allowed in the field in Feb.

I'm sure I won't have this problem out of the rocket scientist again.

Latest posts