Dreamcatcher Ranch

Help Support CattleToday:

Yes, Cowboy43. I know the website says nothing. But...was told by a reliable sounce. Just curious as I consider them a fairly big player in TX.

I just called someone he said it has already happened and the owner is moving to the Dallas area, he did not know if he will move his operation up their or not, when something like this happens their is always a lot of different stories going around.

I've been told by a reliable source from within the association that they are either going out or have allready sold out. My assumtion is that the rumors are true. Since the Meadors started, they have nearly exclusivley followed the Gardiner program. They believed in and relied heavily on gardiners power in the market place. Recent changes as in regards to Genetic defects and the economy have all but taken the really big money out of programs such as these. From what little I know about the Meadors, they got into the business beacuse it was enjoyable, and at the time there was potential to make a good profit. I think that for their program the "big" profit potential is now gone. That along with age can take the fun out really quick. Also as far as I can tell the kids have never really been into it. So there was never much chance of it being sent to the next generation.

From what I know they sold everything they could back to Gardiner and may be keeping some of their commercial recips and running a commercial herd.

We are about 20 miles from Dreamcatcher Ranch and I talked to the local feedstore owner this morning he said their is so many rumors going around he doesn't know which to believe.

Latest posts