Dr. World Class 517 10H

Help Support CattleToday:

Baldie Maker

Reaction score
So the a.i. work for this year has been finished for several months and i'm kind of jumping the gun and starting to look around for bulls to use on wht should be second calvers. They are registered herefords and I want to bred to a registered bull. I really like this bulls numbers on the ce, bw,mce and growth; I know his carcass isn't superb. His mm is number is pretty high and i was wondering if anyone had any experience with this bull. Do his daughters milk like jerseys? Do they have udders that hold up? Watching him in the video does the way he moves out seem acceptable?

Here is a link to him on accelerated..http://www.accelgen.com/htm/sire_pages/014HP01009.html

I've seen him a number of times in person, I think he's a pretty good looking bull, I seen a few of his daughters in production, although none off them were very old, udders all seemed to be decent, don't really remember any that were perfect, Didn't see the dams of those cows so I couldn't say whether he improved them or not. I've not seen any steers by him, but I have seen a couple of his bull sons, besides the one I own, and to me they were pretty darn good bull calves. Here's a couple of pictures of some 10H heifers.

UR25_heifer_10-08.jpg

U07_heifer_10-08.jpg

U12_heifer_10-08.jpg

I have a World Class calf on the ground this year, a bull calf (now a steer) nothing great but better then most of my calf crop. I'll use world class again, but the best calf this year is out of a World Class son, Huth Class Act.... I think a nice thick, deep calf. I like class act enough that I used him more this year.... I need a heifer.

Alan

Baldie Maker, You could do a lot worse than using the World Class bull. I used the bull on some first calf heifers in 2004 after seeing him in person the year before. They calved very easily. The daughters have nice udders. In fact he dramaticaly improved the udder on the only Online cow I own. The others are small teated cows, but their mothers were too. Every one of them raises good calves.

I know his carcass traits are a little weak, but if that isn't a huge priority I wouldn't be afraid of using him again as his females are very very good and to me it all starts with having good females.

Brian

Latest posts