Dr. Charles Stanley

Help Support CattleToday:

Yes! Dr. Charles Stanley is a mighty man of God with a special gift for preaching. He is also a pretty talented author as well!

I used to watch him every Sunday, but quit for whatever reason. I'm not a fan of how they run the TV show, I would much rather listen to him on the radio.

He helped me through a rough time. I think a lot of him. I think he lost his way a few years ago but think he is back on track now from what I can tell.

Another one I liked, but sadly he is gone now is Adrian Rogers. I went to his church in Memphis. He could take the Bible and relate it to every day modern challenges.

What I like about Dr. Stanley is that he just talks like he is personally talking to you. And he doesn't get loud when he is on TV. You can go to his web site, intouch.org, and go to TV and do a search and there are 16 or 17 pages of sermons from 2009 or 2010. Sometimes on the radio he talks fast.
I will check out the fellows all of you are speaking of. Can you see them on Youtube?

Deepsouth":2990i65j said:
Stanley, Rogers and James Merritt are all great preachers but my favorite is David Jeremiah.
I like DJ but I'm doing a study of his right now on the book of Daniel and it's weak. It's ok but weak compared to his teaching.

I like all of these especially John Hagee. My all time favorite is Billy Graham. He preaches a simple message that will make you want to hear every word. Even a child can understand. If you have never been to the Billy Graham Library in Charlotte, NC. You should go. It is a wonderful experience.

Jogeephus":3eqqtcfo said:
He helped me through a rough time. I think a lot of him. I think he lost his way a few years ago but think he is back on track now from what I can tell.
Jo I was thinking he went through a divorce a number of years ago and then powers of the SBC tried to get him removed from the ministry. I'm Catholic but have always enjoyed listening to him. Seems to be a very Godly man.

JW IN VA":29ohw4in said:
John Hagee and Jonathan Falwell
I put those in the group with all the other "money grubbers" or "hirelings". Hagee pays himself richly along with ever member of his family, owns a jet and limos.....not to mention the horses. Someone referred him to me last year to run some rations for his million dollar horses. Gave him a quick "No thank you". Guess I'm pretty opinionated but put him Jimmy Swaggart, all the PTL group, in with those "health and wealth, name it and claim it" SOB's.

I listen to Dr Stanley most days. I really enjoy and learn from his preaching. I guess that's why they call him "Americas Pastor".

Larry

I've always enjoyed listening to Charles Stanley. Guess it's kinda been a family tradition. His son Andy is another one I like as well. One I wasn't familiar with until recently is Tony Evans. We just finished a couple bible studies of his. One was Kingdom Man and the other was Victory in Spiritual Warfare. He explains it in a way someone like me can get it and mixes some humor in as well. Greg Laurie and Chip Ingram are good too. They are usually on the radio in the evenings when I'm on the way home from checking on the cows.

TexasBred":3ur16vl7 said:
Jogeephus":3ur16vl7 said:
Jo I was thinking he went through a divorce a number of years ago and then powers of the SBC tried to get him removed from the ministry. I'm Catholic but have always enjoyed listening to him. Seems to be a very Godly man.

Yeah. At the time I would watch and read everything he had but he began becoming more of a Jim Baker type and selling cruises and stuff. Don't know what the deal was with his wife but that happened about the same time. I think he toned that down. I'm not knocking him just saying he is human and I think it was going to his head a little. That is what I liked about Billy Graham. Mr. Graham set a modest salary for himself and that was it.

I think Andy does a better job than his dad.

Quite separately, and IMO, many/most pastors have goofy priorities with the emphasis of their messages. The book they preach from isn't about you or me ... why try to make the sermons about you or me? The longer I've lived, the less sense that common approach makes to me.

Latest posts