Doomsday Preppers

Help Support CattleToday:

Limomike":wseglfg0 said:
Well we are in the same boat in what we are prepared for. I am more concerned about civil unrest for different reason's.
Economic collapse, another Waco event that snowball's, bad weather event with prolonged power outages etc.
Got 2 stocked catfish pond's, if it has fin, fur or feather's we will eat well.
Bet you eat for 6 months out of the Mrs. pantry it is stocked to the ceiling.

CB, if things get bad enough up here, Im just gonna hitch up old Sam, and bring my family down there to live... :nod: :cboy:[/quote]

Come on lot's of people hid out in the Thicket for years.
Even got an extra cabin, nothing fancy but it is warm and dry.
Now this is the most densely forrested land in the USA and the county is 96% Thicket, if you are scared of the woods after dark this is not a good place.

It is going to come down to staying away from cities. I have generation from several sources. Inverters too.

Cigarettes would be a challenge. Can't think of anything else I would do without for a couple of months.

Limomike after Boogie's post might have to charge Skoal for rent.
Hadn't thought about that, I start out every morning with the personality of a timber rattler.
I can see myself getting real surly without a dip of snuff.

Gonna have to put that on the emergency supply list at number 1.

I quit chewing but after watching that show my wife wants me to grow our own tobacco. I'm up for it but only if I get to partake. :lol:

HOSS":11ya5n0z said:
My family and I actually have discussed scenarios of civil unrest, mob riots etc. We have a plan. My daughter and son-in-law live about 35 miles away. They are to immediatly load what food, ammo and clothes that they can into their car and drive straight to my place with gun in hand. My brother and sister are to do the same thing. They are to shoot anybody that gets in the way of them getting to my place. I live on a dead-end road and I am the only house on it. My place is fairly defensible as open pasture has to be crossed from any side to get to my house. The entire road in can be covered from an upstairs window via a scoped high powered rifle. It would be suicide to come down the road. I have a 953 Cat Track loader that I can use to block off the road from vehicle access. I have a large 5,000 sq ft house so my place is the most logical for the whole clan to congergate at. We would have severl able bodied men to defend the place as well as the tools to do it. I am not a doomsday / militia paranoid type guy but it just makes sense to have at least an outline of a plan. In these days and times who know what will happen in the event of a collapsed economy or if George Zimmerman gets aquitted.

What about night vision? I sure hate to think of you not being fully prepared. I can get you a good price on some rifle scopes with top of the line red neck night vision starting around $1500. Which is a really good deal. Just look around at other prices.

2_zpse83f30ab.jpg

If you want to go all out, I can get a hold of the following weapon. Just pm me for a current quote on it. :D

1_zps6ab48328.jpg

My grandmother who lived through the depression and several periods of tough times afterward purely due to bad luck, always kept a cellar full of canned goods and a pantry full of store bought cans.

I've thought about what we've had during the past big ice storm and realized that my house is understocked. Worked on improving that.

Have a generator that I've never used. Plenty of water purification systems that I've used camping in the mountains. We have gas for heat and wood if necessary. Plenty of stocked up propane to cook with.

I'm not a preper but do wonder what will happen in this country when all the trucks are shut down?? Most people in this day and age figure on going to the super market when they want and everything will just be there. A real good chance that someday that won't be true. The way we live we will last a long time if left alone. Grew up a long way from the Store,so when we did get a chance we always stocked up.Besides have just about everything essential to life here on the ranch,but the worry to me is those that do not have _____ will come and take what they want and they wont be nice about it.I do think that we may have to defend our selves someday. God Help Us!!!!

Other than guns and ammo we am not very well prepared. Or at least not as well as we should be. We have been watching the show some and even though I don't believe many of the dangers are real, some of them are very real. We have been discussing what some of the things we need to do better.

cow pollinater":1su6meng said:
I quit chewing but after watching that show my wife wants me to grow our own tobacco. I'm up for it but only if I get to partake. :lol:
Be prepared to deal with some of the tiniest seed you ever saw in your life. My uncle used to sow them using a salt or pepper shaker--and even then he often got em too thick.

greybeard":2imqe344 said:
cow pollinater":2imqe344 said:
Be prepared to deal with some of the tiniest seed you ever saw in your life. My uncle used to sow them using a salt or pepper shaker--and even then he often got em too thick.

We done it for most of my life. A tablespoon of seed will sow a 10x100 ft seed bed and they will be very thick.

My wife and I have a start, but it's a small start. I've buried two 55 gallon drums half down I have my straight 6 with 50 rounds of blazer .22, each have a can of corn and 2 boxes of pop tarts and 2 liters of our favorite soda pop. We've set up communication between the drums with two tin cans and string. Bring it on!!

Isomade":1sxnkf7p said:
If SHTF for long enough, the folks with horses will be the bees knees.

Myself I would prefer a good saddle mule, much smoother ride.
You can cross every fence in the country with a blanket.

Don't even think about starting with the ass jokes jackass.

Caustic Burno":5qieyxom said:
Isomade":5qieyxom said:
If SHTF for long enough, the folks with horses will be the bees knees.

Myself I would prefer a good saddle mule, much smoother ride.
You can cross every fence in the country with a blanket.

Don't even think about starting with the ass jokes jackass.
As they say----------Your reputation has preceded you CB.

If you have an old truck, with points and condensor ignition, hold on to it--or an earlier diesel. EMP don't affect 'em--bicycles will be very much back in style too.

We got our wake up call from the floods of 1993. Our place didn't flood but there was times it was an island and we couldn't get in or out. No electric for weeks, lost a deep freeze full of meat for lack of a generator. We also get ice storms, blizzards, tornadoes, etc. So just the potential weather events are enough that everyone should have some supplies and preparations in place. I used to roll my eyes at the ones who talked about civil unrest, societal/financial collapse, etc., but as time goes on those things look more possible, too. As far as the tv show, I have only seen a couple episodes but those folks seem way too focused on a specific scenario. It is taking away from their quality of life now and if a different scenario occurs they will be like a fish out of water.

I remember the trucker strike in the 70's. Stores were emptied in a matter of days. Hurricanes and bad weather is the thing we prepare the most for. Don't plan on waiting in line for a handout when the time comes.

Latest posts