DOG BREEDING

Help Support CattleToday:

FARMER4LIFE

Reaction score
I finally decided to breed my dog. I just got her back and she was bred every other day, so hopefully she took. It was her first time. I can tell whether she is pregnant or not by ultrasound but it will be around 28 days before we can see anything. I want to know sooner so I can start advertising. I'm so afraid I won't be able to sell them! I just want her to have a litter or two, but I don't want to be stuck with 10 dogs!!!! Any suggestions?

Krystal

FARMER4LIFE":vt1uvgpz said:
I finally decided to breed my dog. I just got her back and she was bred every other day, so hopefully she took. It was her first time. I can tell whether she is pregnant or not by ultrasound but it will be around 28 days before we can see anything. I want to know sooner so I can start advertising. I'm so afraid I won't be able to sell them! I just want her to have a litter or two, but I don't want to be stuck with 10 dogs!!!! Any suggestions?

Krystal
Get some of them EPT test kits and get her to squat on em'. Seriously, some Vets will Ultrasound at 21 days,not a very accurate count can be made, but you might as well wait and not count any chicks til the eggs hatch.

Krystal,
There are many options open to me at this point,????

But let me say it is nice to see another soul from the Beautiful state of Tennessee posting.

Krystal: Advertise. If people know you have them and they have papers, somebody will buy them. If they're mutts and you're willing to give them away or sell them cheap, you shouldn't have any trouble there either. Most reputable breeders won't let their puppies go till about 8 weeks, so if you find out she's bred at 28 days you've still got roughly 3 months to work with.

Be glad you're on a cattle forum and not one of the dog forums with those animal rescue folks and those who work in shelters on a regular basis, or you'd get the once over about breeding, period. Especially with that "help-what-do-I-do-now" comment.

WE HAVE A GERMAN SHEPPARD ---I THOUGHT THE SAME WAY TO, SO ANYWAY SHE GOT BREAD --I THOUGHT SHE'D HAVE 2 OR 3 AND THEY WOULD SELL FOR 50 BUCKS SO I TOLD THE KIDS THEY COULD HAVE THE MONEY---WELL SHE HAD 9 AND THEY SOLD THEM FOR 200.00 EACH-- PRETTY LUCRATIVE BUSINESS--ANYWAY TURNS OUT THERE ISNT TO MANY PUPS ANY MORE WE HAD PHONE CALLS FOR A COUPLE MONTHS AFTER THE LAST ONE WAS GONE -- WE ADVERTISED ONCE ON SWAP AND SHOP ON THE LOCAL RADIO STATION A FRIEND OF MINE BREEDS LITTLE WEE RATTY LOOKIN DOGS .AND CAN NAME HIS PRICE AND CANT KEEP UP TO THE DEMAND--ANYWAY IM OUT OF THE DOG BUSINESS .ILL STAY WITH CATTLE IM PROGRAMED TO LOSE MONEY

CARL

WE HAVE A GERMAN SHEPPARD ---I THOUGHT THE SAME WAY TO, SO ANYWAY SHE GOT BREAD --I THOUGHT SHE'D HAVE 2 OR 3 AND THEY WOULD SELL FOR 50 BUCKS SO I TOLD THE KIDS THEY COULD HAVE THE MONEY---WELL SHE HAD 9 AND THEY SOLD THEM FOR 200.00 EACH-- PRETTY LUCRATIVE BUSINESS--ANYWAY TURNS OUT THERE ISNT TO MANY PUPS ANY MORE WE HAD PHONE CALLS FOR A COUPLE MONTHS AFTER THE LAST ONE WAS GONE -- WE ADVERTISED ONCE ON SWAP AND SHOP ON THE LOCAL RADIO STATION A FRIEND OF MINE BREEDS LITTLE WEE RATTY LOOKIN DOGS .AND CAN NAME HIS PRICE AND CANT KEEP UP TO THE DEMAND--ANYWAY IM OUT OF THE DOG BUSINESS .ILL STAY WITH CATTLE IM PROGRAMED TO LOSE MONEY

CARL

She is an olde english bulldogge. They're similar to the english bulldogge but without all the health problems. They tend to be a little taller on average and their nose isn't as smashed in on their face. Very cute!! So if anyone is interested please let me know!!!! They will be registered with the international olde english bulldogge association. For all those who love the dukes of hazzard, her daddy was Roscoe P. Coaltrain. However...I just named her Maggie Moo.

FARMER4LIFE":1ykdsqps said:
She is an olde english bulldogge. They're similar to the english bulldogge but without all the health problems. They tend to be a little taller on average and their nose isn't as smashed in on their face. Very cute!! So if anyone is interested please let me know!!!! They will be registered with the international olde english bulldogge association. For all those who love the dukes of hazzard, her daddy was Roscoe P. Coaltrain. However...I just named her Maggie Moo.

shoulda named her "flash"

You'll have plenty of opportunity to advertise after the puppies get here.... its only a 63 day wait. Its not good to let them go before 6 weeks old.

Trust me, never count your chickens until they're hatched or in this case pups... I used to raise Boston Terriers.

FARMER4LIFE":1keidc4s said:
I'm so afraid I won't be able to sell them! I just want her to have a litter or two, but I don't want to be stuck with 10 dogs!!!! Any suggestions?

Krystal

Yeah, spay her.