Do you maintain your equipment?

Help Support CattleToday:

jltrent

Reaction score
As much as the equipment cost, and to replace it with emission tier 4 tractors, I wash, wax and maintain as well as I can. I look at a lot of my neighbors equipment and I see very little maintenance. Mine stays in a shed when not in use and maintain better than the book requirements. My oldest tractors still have their original paint on the hood. I hope mine last as I am not looking forward to purchasing one that doesn't blow black smoke.

8ccc88.jpg

d6bf27.jpg

naml.jpg

001nsj.jpg

006evf.jpg

That's a lot of cab on that JD 5210!

I am like you and am probably overly protective of my equipment! We maintain everything on the farm to look and perform like new.

you've got most of the brands covered and they all look like new.
well done.

My stuff is old sold it only get the dust or mud knocked off a couple times a year. I do make sure my stuff is under the shed

skyhightree1":ksv9jhre said:
http://www.cattletoday.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=82018&p=993719&hilit=cleaner+than+my+car#p993719

I will round up more pics but most of my stuff is clean however construction stuff not so much. :oops:
Nice tractors Skyhightree, as tractor that size around here would be hard to turn in some of our fields.

jltrent":1dolpqm1 said:
skyhightree1":1dolpqm1 said:
http://www.cattletoday.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=82018&p=993719&hilit=cleaner+than+my+car#p993719

I will round up more pics but most of my stuff is clean however construction stuff not so much. :oops:
Nice tractors Skyhightree, as tractor that size around here would be hard to turn in some of our fields.

Thank you sir your tractors are very nice and well kept whenever you sell one let me know lol If a man keeps his tractors looking like that hes bound to have cared for them and not abused them :tiphat: . Yes sir I know I grew up somewhat on that end of the state in Floyd county and that thing would be hard to fit in most places but a big sileage field.

Calhoun Farm":36tqa6la said:
Are the front tires on that 2nd kubota backwards?
Yes, flipping them forward and backwards (rotating) will make them last at least a 1/3 longer. Also it seems I lose very little if any traction that way also.

I I have never waxed a tractor in my life, yet. But I do vacuum the cab out and clean the windows. They sure look good though. We use our tractors in the woods and my plastic roofs are all cracked up. I do change the oil and filters and keep it greased up good. A grapple is hard on a tractor.

I am one of the most particular people that you will ever meet. The exception is a 4 wheeler, and a tractor. I treat them both like a hammer. My trucks look brand new, when they are 10 years old.

Clean air, clean fuel, clean oil and they will run forever. My Dad preached that to me my whole life. I run the crap out of my stuff but it's all got fresh filters and fluid in it. I buy grease by the case and I buy it often. Wish I had barns to keep everything in and more time to wash it more often but I keep what I can inside and wash and wax it at least once a year. To much money tied up not to take care of it!

jltrent":2dbejqr8 said:
As much as the equipment cost, and to replace it with emission tier 4 tractors, I wash, wax and maintain as well as I can. I look at a lot of my neighbors equipment and I see very little maintenance. Mine stays in a shed when not in use and maintain better than the book requirements. My oldest tractors still have their original paint on the hood. I hope mine last as I am not looking forward to purchasing one that doesn't blow black smoke.

8ccc88.jpg

d6bf27.jpg

naml.jpg

001nsj.jpg

006evf.jpg

Have you had any air conditioner problems with the Kubotas. I looked at a m9000 a day or two ago and research showed that the AC had a lot of problems with cooling the cab. Any comments on this.

I have never had any problems with the AC on the M9000 and it has 1400 hours on it. My M6800 has the Ultra cab and the M9000 does't have the Ultra. The problem people have had with the M9000 AC is the condenser fins are smaller(easy to stop up) and condenser itself smaller than the newer Ultra cabs and also the blower fan in the top of the cab is smaller. If you keep the condenser washed out and the hay off from the front, it will freeze you out. While baling hay this summer I kept it on low speed most of the time. It also has the site glass which most don't have and I think I have added one can of freon to each since I bought them and the glass is clear which means it is full. It all comes down to maintenance and most people want do it then complain. I have compared both tractors AC system side by side and I have AC gauges and the AC is a non factor or as good or better than any others.

we keep the regular maintance done on all of our equipment greasing when needed changing oil and filters.fixing any probs that come up.

Latest posts