DIY - Landscape/Rock Rake

Help Support CattleToday:

Philip-TX

Reaction score
I've been wanting one, and came upon some cilich'e gravel for our roads and what not so tha planning began. I spend a lot of time sketching and working things out before I get started...."pondering" I call it.

This is what I do in the evening in front of the TV

This is made from the steel pile with the exception of the tines I got at Ag Supply for $2something a piece. The 4x4 I had was too short so I spliced it together...

That is a small sleeve (3/4" pipe If I recall) with a grease zerk in it on the end of the 4x4.

Sleeved the pivot post (2 2/8 pipe)....

Continued......

3x3sq. cross member

A plate to adjust the angle...

Starting to take shape....added some braces and what-not

more to come...

Taking shape...

Then I drilled holes.....LOTS OF HOLES..

I got the 3x3 angle from some old masonry brick lintels that were 84" long...
I added some small gussets at the end of the 3x3 angle to stiffen it and keep it from twisting.

I made a "tee" out of some plate to attach some gauge wheels to.

Painted it green to add value (and to match the tractor. :clap: )

It has been serving us well...road maintenance, and dragging trash (limbs/etc) when dozing cedars prior to planting grass.

edit: Oh it looks like the hay spear is in the pic too.....I made that while the welder was still hot. :D

J&D Cattle":1tz931sv said:
Unreal what some people can do. I have zero creativity and zero welding skills for sure. Great job!
Well we can set beside each other and drink beer and learn by watching the guys that "can". :lol2:

TexasBred":1eziuv51 said:
J&D Cattle":1eziuv51 said:
Unreal what some people can do. I have zero creativity and zero welding skills for sure. Great job!
Well we can set beside each other and drink beer and learn by watching the guys that "can". :lol2:

:drink: That's something I do excel at. :lol:

Latest posts