Dinero got his new home

Help Support CattleToday:

An illustration for you. These are my second tier bulls( Good calves but not the top end) They were fed the way i said. Free choice hay, grain(maybe 12 lbs a day), and water and a long walk in between. They avgd $2500 and weighed an avg of 1000lbs at 11 months. They did not melt when turned out. But they all passed their BSE's with flying colors.

My top bull from last year. He was on test from Oct thru early Feb. His ADG was around 4 and he weighed 1250lbs on sale day. He brought $3200. Should have been more but the market was $1000 below last year at that sale.

Bottom line is either way they got a whole lot better program than this young bull is set up for if i read the posts correctly.

That, those are what quality yearling bulls should look like! Nice looking bulls, gee they don't look fat from all the supplemental grain they received, they look ready to go out and breed a few cows.

And now I'll do my best to :secret:

I was saying this bull calf will be put in with 1 or 2 other bull *calves* that this fellow is keeping from his own cows... and as long as this calf grows and performs as well or better than his peers, I think that's as much as I can do.

Well, I was at the ranch Dinero went to, and he had been shipped the week before, he didn't pass his BSE due to a crooked penis... That was a bit of a bummer, they will find out his year weight for me when they get the check from the sale barn. They were happy with him in all other respects though as far as build, weight and attitude.

How early can you test for something like a crooked penis, and any ideas as to why he's have that?

Latest posts