Different foods...

Help Support CattleToday:

Chevy

Reaction score
Anybody ever ate camel? Watch the video.

What is some different food ya'll have tried? Did you like it?

I've had turtle when I lived in Louisiana. It was slow cooked as a stew in a red gravy.

like this

(I wasn't there for the cleaning part, but I've heard it said there are 7 different kinds of meat on a turtle but I know for a fact, one the kinds was blue colored on the pile of meat they had at the cookout I attended. The beer flowed freely while the turtle cooked, so I'm not real sure if it was actually tasty or not)

Last edited:
I had black pudding in Scotland in 2005. Looks like sausage but it's really quite gross

There's apparently a trick to cooking possum and coon. My granny would cook a coon instead of turkey for Thanksgiving. Possum has been popular for generations. Fun read about a local club and how it all started.

I am particular with whom I break bread. We discuss weather, business and world events without referring to one another as racist pigs
or fascists' which would indicate my lack of tolerance for bad manners cloaked as liberal gibberish.

There's about 10 things I'll eat. If I can't identify it, hard pass.
I only ate a couple of things in Japan that I COULD identify! Amazing coincidence, every time someone hands me chopsticks I end up eating azz. Any connection?

As I child I remember my grandmother making souse from hog heads. She liked the brains too, but I don't remember ever eating brains.
Calf, lamb, hog fries all make for a fine meal. Used to be a local turkey processor and folks could get turkey fries from but that was before my time. I've eaten lamb, mutton and goat. I had relatives that lived in western KY and when visiting them lots of times we would eat barbecue, go which I would get mutton as we didn't have that readily around home in east KY.