dieselbeef's grass finished steaks

Help Support CattleToday:

I like the one on the top right the best. It looks it might go choice. It looks very nice for grass raised beef. It's nowhere near fatty enough for my tatste though. Fat=Flavor :mrgreen:

SirLoin":10ax4kq2 said:
I like the one on the top right the best. It looks it might go choice. It looks very nice for grass raised beef. It's nowhere near fatty enough for my tatste though. Fat=Flavor :mrgreen:

too much = no flavor.

TexasBred":230madwv said:
SirLoin":230madwv said:

too much = no flavor.

You mean like wagyu? :shock:

I never had steer under 18 mos of age that had so much fat on it that it affected the flavor negatively. How old are you eating your beef?

Well lets see. I guess this batch has been in the freezer about a month...not very old at all.. Limmi steaks and extremely lean but the most awesome flavor you can imagine. For me there is such a thing as too much fat... but then I don't have all those Korean recipes to use to mask the taste either. :lol:

TexasBred":6r6dsm3y said:
Well lets see. I guess this batch has been in the freezer about a month...not very old at all.. Limmi steaks and extremely lean but the most awesome flavor you can imagine. For me there is such a thing as too much fat... but then I don't have all those Korean recipes to use to mask the taste either. :lol:

Not how long has it been in the freezer :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :roll:

What Korean recipes :dunce: You'd better try HookedOnPhonics, because you sure are having trouble with reading comprehension.

Korean style ribs are a way of CUTTING the ribs, not cooking them :nod:

Maybe you should do a little research before blurting out next time :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

Sir loin I found several "recipes" for Korean Ribs...all using the typical oriental sauces etc. Research it. You may be missing out.

Jeanne - Simme Valley":1yembsz7 said:
I have to disagree with TexasBred. IMO, more fat = more flavor. I think that's a pretty well accepted fact, but more fat does not = more tender.
That's ok Jeanne. Some folks do like a lot of fat in their meat and I used to think it was important as well. But I would encourage you to get you a very nice Limmi ribeye, grill it medium rare to medium with just a touch of salt and pepper and slice you a nice bite. Savor the flavor. It's awesome and very juicy. You may end up running from those "Angus Beef" signs. Someone posted on here a year or so ago that all marbling does is cover up the mistakes made by the cook. :lol2:

TexasBred":1149dgtp said:
Sir loin I found several "recipes" for Korean Ribs...all using the typical oriental sauces etc. Research it. You may be missing out.

Korean Style or Asian style ribs refers to the cutting technique. The thread that I mentioned these in was about ways to CUT your meat. I have tried the asian cut ribs many ways. Plain, terriaki, BBQ etc. I still can't believe someone is giving me grief over putting spices and or sauces on different cuts of beef.

I mean who here puts absolutely nothing on their beef? :roll: I know some third graders who like plain hamburgers and such :lol2:

haase":2twq39g1 said:
I never like alot of fat either and dont think alot of it adds flavor, Have to agree with TB and RBB.

Well it depends where the fat is. I'm not talking about eating fat chunks either. As the meat cooks, the fat marbled through the meat, as well as portions of larger chunks melt and flavorize and tenderize the meat. When the fat deposited as marbling melts, it leaves small pockets that actually contribute to the tenderness.

The fattier steers that I raise are always better tasting and more tender. There's just more waste. Why do you guys think that one of the main things that determines USDA grade is FAT :wave:

Canner = no fat
Prime = lots of fat
Wagyu= So fatty it doesn't even look like beef :nod:

To each his own I guess

SirLoin":27uaeb5s said:
TexasBred":27uaeb5s said:

Korean Style or Asian style ribs refers to the cutting technique. The thread that I mentioned these in was about ways to CUT your meat. I have tried the asian cut ribs many ways. Plain, terriaki, BBQ etc. I still can't believe someone is giving me grief over putting spices and or sauces on different cuts of beef.

I mean who here puts absolutely nothing on their beef? :roll: I know some third graders who like plain hamburgers and such :lol2:
Must be a delaware thing....sort of like Joe Biden. :lol2: :lol2: Most folks enjoy a little salt, pepper and the taste of the meat. Not the sauces it's swimming in. But to each his own. Enjoy your sauce. :tiphat:

SirLoin":2hjsxaue said:
If salt consitutes nothing I'm one. That's all I put on beef, I happen to like the flavor

TexasBred":36f7koc1 said:
SirLoin":36f7koc1 said:
TexasBred":36f7koc1 said:

Must be a delaware thing....sort of like Joe Biden. :lol2: :lol2: Most folks enjoy a little salt, pepper and the taste of the meat. Not the sauces it's swimming in. But to each his own. Enjoy your sauce. :tiphat:

I've never understood the Joke Biden thing either (he is an embarassment) but you've got to understand that delaware has only three counties, and the Northern one is "DA BIG CITY", chock full of it's lazy handout seeking inhabitants.....THAT explains Joke Biden ;-) The southern two counties don't vote for that :dunce: ...... and I still don't get where the "swimming in sauce" came from :???:

You do have a fertile imagination :tiphat:

dun":y340dv8v said:
SirLoin":y340dv8v said:
If salt consitutes nothing I'm one. That's all I put on beef, I happen to like the flavor
salt and a little pepper about an hr before hitting the grill then about 2 minutes on each side of a 1 1/2" steak just so its warm in the center

Momma say Sauce Is The DEVIL :roll:

P.S., Salt is a dessicant, which dries out the meat and pepper is a strong spice which hides the flavor of inferior beef :nod:

Did you know that the original purpose of using pepper was to cover up the taste and odor of rotten meat? :lol: They had no refrigeration way back when, and meat did not stay nice and fresh for long. Some say this is not true, but it makes good sense.

I mean how can you even taste the flavor of the beef when it's all dried out and swimming in pepper, at least a little sauce keeps my inferior 21 day dry aged sirloins moist :banana:

P.S., do the "experts" here also frown on flavoring their meat with wood? If so, I guess none of you use charcoal, hickory, mesquite, apple or peach wood, or anything like that :lol2:

Latest posts