dieselbeef's grass finished steaks

Help Support CattleToday:

dun

Reaction score
steaks.jpg

someday im gonna figure out how to get the pics on myself. it used to be so easy..idk :dunce: :dunce:

thanks dun :tiphat:

as for the steaks i thought id throw some of my home grown grass finshed meat up for a change. 20 mo steer right at 1k when i taped him..i think he was 675 on the hook...been awhile.

how yall like em..i think i do okay for a know nothin bout cattle guy!

feel free to give yer honest opinions..im a big boy

gary

You've done well!

For my personal and not very healthy taste I would have prefered if the backfat wasn;t trimmed off. Nothing beats the taste and smell of a steak with lots of backfat on a grill. All i'll need in addition is salt and pepper and a few Windhoek Lights and it will be a helluva meal.

Very nice marbling especially for grass finished. I'd sure as heck eat em. Nice job.

thats the stuff i get 3$/lb for hanging... i ususally have the extra fat trimmed so i can grind it back into the burger side. the butcher does the trimming to his specs more than mine tho...thats a good idea to leave some more on there..then again..people dont wanna pay for the fat even tho thats where all the flavor comes from.

thanks for all the compliments

gary

I don't know Gary.....not too sure bout grass fed. But, as a professional taste tester, if you will send them too me I will eat them, and post my professional opinion. I won't even charge you. :p

They sure look good. I grew up on corn fed beef and love it. If I've ever had a grass finished steak I sure don't remember it. I'll have to try one sometime and see what the difference is.

its def different but as ive done it so long this way i tend to prefer it now....its a diff taste but not bad...

i think now that store bought is tasteless. havent had any in yrs cept at my brothers party and it was boring..

as for grain finished..never done it..im too cheap and lazy ;-)

dieselbeef":13aye3ni said:
someday im gonna figure out how to get the pics on myself. it used to be so easy..idk :dunce: :dunce:

as for the steaks i thought id throw some of my home grown grass finshed meat up for a change. 20 mo steer right at 1k when i taped him..i think he was 675 on the hook...been awhile.

gary
I hope quality makes up for the lack of quanity. 33% on the rail is canner yield.

bannedagain":syclcipc said:
dieselbeef":syclcipc said:

gary
I hope quality makes up for the lack of quanity. 33% on the rail is canner yield.

Last time I looked 675 out of 1000lb was around a 67.5% yield.......................nice math skills, or didn't you know 1K means 1,000.

DB we did a grass finished steer last year for the first time, he was 24 months old . I think it is the best beef we have done to date, marbled to perfection and the flavor is out of this world.. :nod:

I still enjoy our grain (barley) finished beef too but grass finished it very good as well.

Your steaks look awesome, They are finished really well !!!
You can make mine a rib steak, fresh ground pepper only and rare/medium please .. :tiphat:

3waycross":xoi058d1 said:
bannedagain":xoi058d1 said:
dieselbeef":xoi058d1 said:

gary

Last time I looked 675 out of 1000lb was around a 67.5% yield.......................nice math skills, or didn't you know 1K means 1,000.
My apologies, in my world a month is 100#. Why a 20 month old steer only weighed 1000# is beyond me, but hey those tapes don't lie.

banned again...howd ya git that name :lol:

i was tyring to remember what the weight was....but it was probly a close guess. so far my animals at 20 mos are all close to 1000 pounds(that make it easier for ya to do the math). i dont have a scale to wiegh them before the butcher. i use a tape just so i can kinda keep track of what my consistency is....same tape..same time of yr...animal vs animal..you git it..right BA??

i have no other way to do it...

Latest posts