Dick Butkus RIP

Help Support CattleToday:

jltrent

Reaction score

"When I went out on the field to warm up, I would manufacture things to make me mad," "If someone on the other team was laughing, I'd pretend he was laughing at me."

1696593609127.png

Best one I ever heard about him was he wanted to knock a guys helmet off . Go over and pick it up and the guys head was in the helmet . 😳

Heard Lawrence Taylor say that.
I was in basic training with Dick Butkus at Fort Campbell Ky. Nice guy. The funny was he couldn't squat. Super bad knees. Flunked the physical and his separation papers stated,"not fit for military duty". I think he was all pro line backer that year.

Heard Lawrence Taylor say that.
I was in basic training with Dick Butkus at Fort Campbell Ky. Nice guy. The funny was he couldn't squat. Super bad knees. Flunked the physical and his separation papers stated,"not fit for military duty". I think he was all pro line backer that year.
I worked with a guy that played with the Cowboys for three years, and he said everyone he knew from those days had bad knees. We went to an exhibition baseball game in Carson City between retired NFL players and the local police department, and it was sad how the NFL guys could barely walk. They were in obvious pain stepping down off their bus.

Latest posts