Dicamba

Help Support CattleToday:

Cross-7

Reaction score
The deadline for spraying D is May 1.
Everything thing is cotton here, so absolutely no D.
All the cotton farmers are spraying Dicamba and my pasture was covered up with weeds so I bought Dicamba figuring everyone else is spraying it.
Worked great.
Edit
Picture sucks but it's a picture of weeds that the Dicamba smoked and no harm to the grass
D1_C2_DC31-5941-47_FE-8_EFE-479175_D8_A7_AE.jpg

Its an excellent chemical. just not around cotton. It also knocks out a lot of brush. I put some out on my haygrazer a few weeks back. Its those dudes that aerial spray it that screwed everything up.

I can see spraying with a plane being a problem.
I'd like to get mine sprayed with an airplane to get in places I can't but I have neighbors with homes trees, shrubs, flowers and etc.

bird dog":lbsj4ll7 said:
Its an excellent chemical. just not around cotton. It also knocks out a lot of brush. I put some out on my haygrazer a few weeks back. Its those dudes that aerial spray it that screwed everything up.

It torched the small mesquite but I figured it'd come back ?

In my experience spraying pasture, it will burn off the leaves of mesquite but only kill some of the small new growth plants. GrazonNext works about the same. It will kill a few, just burn the leaves off a bunch.

One thing to kind of remember is that if you spray a pasture chemical that weakens a Mesquite, you need to hold off with individual plant treatment until the mesquite shows some new growth. Mesquite in a weakened state doesn't react to chemical very well. If it is extremely dry, hold off spraying anything.

Latest posts