Diarrhea and red lump on anus area

Help Support CattleToday:

Motcros3

Reaction score
So I have a jersey cow breed about 2-3wks old bottle fed 3 times daily and since we received her she has had diarrhea I have given her one bottle in the morning of milk one of electrolyte supplement in the afternoon and one bottle at night for one week started her on antibiotics about 4 days ago she was doing better so I've been giving her milk now 3 times daily and she was fine until yesterday where she became very liturgic has been laying down and will not even come to eat I noticed a red lump on her backside area today diarrhea has continued and I'm worried cause she would finish her night feeding today she left 1/4 of the milk and refused to suckle any answers on what I should do

Treat the calf for scours and stop the antibiotics. Also get some probiotics and more electrolytes down the calf

go to TSC and get some Corid, it sounds like he has bloody scours , (cocidosis ) they also have some packets with electrolites and a thickening agent that will help

The vet we have contact with here in south Florida ( has not seen the cows) thinks we need to deworm the cows all four baby's we have every two months is this true and also thank you for the corid message

Latest posts