Diamtious earth as a wormer

Help Support CattleToday:

DE is a great absorbent or filter. I don't see how it would do anything to parasites. The range of parasites include a number of species that do not live in the GI tract. It would miss the parasites that are in other organs during some of their life cycle or their entire life cycle like ticks, lice, lung worms, etc. Most of the pour-ons and injectables kill parasites in all locations. DE would be like using metamucil, it would probably build a good solid turd.

inyati13":2zi1esr1 said:
DE is a great absorbent or filter. I don't see how it would do anything to parasites. The range of parasites include a number of species that do not live in the GI tract. It would miss the parasites that are in other organs during some of their life cycle or their entire life cycle like ticks, lice, lung worms, etc. Most of the pour-ons and injectables kill parasites in all locations. DE would be like using metamucil, it would probably build a good solid turd.

Actually it does work very well on ticks and lice. Metamucil is more likely to make a "loose turd". :mrgreen:

TexasBred":3ese4tco said:
inyati13":3ese4tco said:

Actually it does work very well on ticks and lice. Metamucil is more likely to make a "loose turd". :mrgreen:

TB, I said that assuming it would be given orally. If it were applied to ticks and lice that is a different approach than I was addressing.

I stand corrected on the turd theory. :D

greybeard":7ta0nbjk said:
You gotta mix it with apple cider vinegar and swing that dead cat around your head 3 times for it to really work on goat and cattle herds that don't have an internal parasite problem. The dead cat is the really important part.
Where do you come up with this shyt?? :lol: :lol:
A lot of your comments sure do bring a chuckle though!!

TN Cattle Man":3dslghp6 said:
greybeard":3dslghp6 said:
You gotta mix it with apple cider vinegar and swing that dead cat around your head 3 times for it to really work on goat and cattle herds that don't have an internal parasite problem. The dead cat is the really important part.

TN how would you like to be there tomorrow when his "TWIN" shows up. :lol2:

TexasBred":2or04wm6 said:
TN Cattle Man":2or04wm6 said:
greybeard":2or04wm6 said:

I would actually like to see that!! Bet that house is a riot!!

TexasBred":18v0zbzt said:
TN Cattle Man":18v0zbzt said:
greybeard":18v0zbzt said:

TB don't tell me GB has a twin!!!!!!!!

inyati13":1m9gd15l said:

TB don't tell me GB has a twin!!!!!!!![/quote]
If I correctly read his post the other day about thanksgiving he sure does. Lord help that neck of the woods.

Reckon which one's the 'good' twin, and which is the 'evil' twin? lol

gb,
some feather-waving, chanting, and urination in the aural canal works almost as good as swinging that dead cat. Almost, but not quite.

TexasBred":26e3z0h4 said:
Lucky_P":26e3z0h4 said:
Sorry (actually, I'm not), but money folks spend on DE would probably be better spent buying some good mineral mix and some additional protein supplement.

Exactly. Works good as an insecticide and is actually approved here by the state to be used as such. All other claims are "off the wall". Pretty much the same for the Redmond Products. A lot of money for nothing. But suckers can always be found for just about anything.
Did you say you used Morton stock salt with added iodine? Where do you get it? I would be willing try some of it but nobody around here has it that I know of. Any type of salt that has trace minerals or plain white salt that has eddye added to it for iodine is in the same price range as Redmond salt.

Latest posts