Diamond D Angus sale

Help Support CattleToday:

Oldtimer

Reaction score
I finally made it to the Diamond D Angus sale over in snowy western Montana... I've been trying for 10 years and something always came up.. Bulls, cows, and heifers looked good and they averaged $4986 on 95 bulls..
The top 6 bulls averaged - $11,400+ with 5 of those going to a lady in southern Texas...
http://www.angus.org/angusproductions/S ... 9OafTcE%3d

I was able to pick up a couple of young cows I wanted- a 2 year old daughter of DDA Lodge E5H (double bred to the Melisa 824 cow that is the dam to E5H and DDA Emblazon 27C)... She is AIed back to DDA B&T 18K a 5 year old bull Diamond D is using heavily this year...Also bought a 4 year old daughter of Cole Creek Cedar Ridge that was AIed back to 27C...

I ran into some old acquaintance's and made several more from around the country and Canada.. Even one fellow there from Australia... Met several that I'd only talked to previously on the phone...

All in all it was a great trip (even with the snow and Rocky Mountain front winds blowing 70 mph)- and got to look at some great cattle and talk to some nice people...

DDA Maddie 355 17784111- a 2 year old daughter of DDA Lodge E5H (double bred to the Melisa 824 cow that is the dam to E5H and DDA Emblazon 27C) that we purchased at the Diamond D Angus sale ... A granddaughter of the Lodge of Wye bull....She is AIed back to DDA B&T 18K a 5 year old bull Diamond D is using heavily this year- and then ran in a pasture with DDA Emulation 30K 16879584- an Emulation N Bar 5522 son...
Since we got her to her new home, she's fitting right into our herd- socially, and in both type and genetics...

Update on the young cows I bought last fall at the Diamond D Angus sale... Here's DDA Maddie 355 AAA 17784111 and her 82 lb heifer calf sired by DDA Emulation 30K ( a 5522 son) ... She came thru the winter in great shape..
The cow is a Lodge of Wye granddaughter and goes back twice to the good D D A Melisa 824 cow...

Here is the other young cow I bought at that sale DDA Zelda 204 #17485322- a Cole Creek Cedar Ridge 1V daughter and her 82 lb heifer calf...I'll have to DNA the calf to find out if the sire is the A.I. bull DDA Emblazon 27C or the cleanup bull DDA Emulation 30K ...