Dectomax vs Cydectin

Help Support CattleToday:

cfpinz

Reaction score
My usualy practice is Eprinex in the spring and generic in the fall, but thinking of substituting one of these instead of Eprinex this spring. Anyone have a preferece or experience with either?

cfpinz

I think Cydectin in the spring works pretty good. I sure don't promote using it in the fall though. Also Cydectin's claim to fame is it doesn't kill dung beetles, if that matters to you. I usually harrow my irrigated pastures so I dont care if there are any dung beetles.

ENNOT":1ldvbynt said:
I think Cydectin in the spring works pretty good. I sure don't promote using it in the fall though. Also Cydectin's claim to fame is it doesn't kill dung beetles, if that matters to you. I usually harrow my irrigated pastures so I dont care if there are any dung beetles.

Educate me, what is the significance of not using it in the fall?

I have used cydectin in the fall several years for the lice killing guarentee and have been well satisfied.Never used Dectomax as Cydectin or Ivomec is usually cheaper when I buy my wormers

mtncows":2vxnva0l said:
I have used cydectin in the fall several years for the lice killing guarentee and have been well satisfied.Never used Dectomax as Cydectin or Ivomec is usually cheaper when I buy my wormers

Dropped $600 on Dectomax at the co-op in Staunton today, but got a free gun. :roll: They're having their booking sale thru Saturday if you need anything.

cfpinz

Dectomax is a great product. - has a long lasting affect. I used to worm my calves 4 weeks apart in mid summer with a product like Safeguard, but just use Dectomax on them now (actually cheaper than 2 treatments). Dectomax is a totally different "drug" than like Ivomectin products.
The reason I used to treat calves twice, is the cycle of re-infestation is quick in calves.

cfpinz":2900hzlh said:
mtncows":2900hzlh said:

Dropped $600 on Dectomax at the co-op in Staunton today, but got a free gun. :roll: They're having their booking sale thru Saturday if you need anything.

cfpinz[/quote Thanks,I left around 900 there yesterday on Ivomec,Pinkeye vac.7-way ,lepto etc.Good thing I sold some dry cows Tue.The line yesterday was clear back past the Rt.11overpass at 254.

mtncows":3lli0wrn said:
Thanks,I left around 900 there yesterday on Ivomec,Pinkeye vac.7-way ,lepto etc.Good thing I sold some dry cows Tue.The line yesterday was clear back past the Rt.11 overpass at 254.

Parked on Rt 11 a few times myself. If you can't be there by 6am, stay home.

cfpinz

Latest posts