Dec 21 2012

Help Support CattleToday:

tuck

Reaction score
If you watch the History channel you know this is the date that they say the world is going to end. I am not worried if it does I know where I am going. This is the date that the Mian calendar stops at and they say the earth will be at a perfectly straight axis this is suppose to line the earth and the moon with the sun in a perfectly straight line. There has been alot of doomsday predictions all thru history I believe this is just another one but it is interesting to think about, there is nothing you can do about it so might as well just live as you have been. So if you don't hear from me after that date, my computer is probabally broke.

Why does the earth,moon and sun being in a straight line cause the end of the world? True if it does happen there is nothing we can do about it but perhaps some may not want to continue life as they do now. It is never to late to change your ways. ;-)

the Good Book says that the end will come "like a thief in the night". i doubt of bunch of mayan priests knew when the end would occur much more than you or I do. it's all up to the Almighty, and until then I'll just keep doing what i do (whatever that is!)

on a more secular note, i've actually read quite a bit on this mayan thing, and some of the most intelligent interpretations of this i've seen (because they haven't fully deciphered it) is that the calender does predict a unique celestial occurence, but it's not intended to mean the "end of the world" just the "end of an age", i also read something where the author said that it's simply a watershed date, like 1000 or 2000 or 3000 would be for us.

Dec. 21st, 2012 is a friday, my plan is to take the wife and kids out for supper that night and then come home and watch some football, the college bowl games will have started! ;) the next morning i'll do what i always do, wake up, thank God that the sun came up and i'm in nice house with a nice family in the best country on the planet and go about my day. so :p to the mayan calender!

Maybe an omen I need to watch real close. That will be the brides and my 40th wedding anniversary.

Latest posts