Dec 7, 1941

Help Support CattleToday:

greybeard

Reaction score
The Date of Infamy has arrived once more.
pearl-harbor_0.jpg

pearl-harbor-mem-day.jpg

"[Our] Righteous Might"

If it happened in today's PC world, here is probably what FDR would have said.

Yesterday, December 7, the United States of America was tragically attacked by naval and air forces of the EOJ. We are conducting a criminal investigation as I speak, and the findings will be released in our Twitter feed.

I would caution others not to rush to any judgment. We should not jump to any conclusions about this alleged criminal act. Above all, I want to be perfectly clear, that it is important that we not demonize these folks – that's just not who we are!

WE were at peace with the EOJ and in conversation with its government, looking toward the maintenance of peace in the Pacific. Indeed, 1 hour after EOJ air squadrons trespassed in Oahu, the EOJ Ambassador to the United States submitted a message of hope. While this reply stated that it seemed useless to continue the existing chats and get-togethers, it contained no threat or hint of war or other disagreement.

The distance of Hawaii to the EOJ makes it obvious that the trespass incident was possibly planned many days or even weeks ago. During the intervening time the EOJ has deliberately sought to bamboozle the United States by making false statements and expressions of hope for continued peace during beer summits and other interpersonal multicultural outreach opportunities.

At the time that we and the EOJ were in negotiations for a deal that would avoid a tragic misunderstanding such as what happened yesterday, EOJ forces, many of whom are misguided youths from impoverished backgrounds, had undertaken a surprise offensive extending throughout the Pacific area.

We still remain hopeful that we can reach a deal, but frankly this is a good time for everyone to take a time-out and cool off.

I am especially concerned at how Americans have reacted to this tragedy. We must never jump to conclusions. Unfortunately, some people in the United States have already formed their opinions with bigotry, prejudice and paranoia in their hearts and do not understand the implications of the risk of looking bad to the world community at large.

As we are a nation of laws, it is important that we wait patiently for Justice Department lawyers to decide what happened on December 7th.

I have sent a shout out to the Sheriff's Department of Oahu County, as well as the Chief of the Hawaiian Fishing and Game Commission, to investigate these alleged crimes and for their teams to have their reports on my desk in time for the next late Friday afternoon news-dump.

As Commander in Chief of the Army and Navy I have directed that all measures be taken to express our concerns at an international forum. No matter how long it may take us to overcome this unfortunate incident, the American people, in their righteous might, through carefully guided educational and environmental policies, will come through to earn a place alongside the other peoples of the world.

I assert that we will not only examine our own faults to the uttermost but will make very certain that this form of treachery, bigotry, prejudice and paranoia in our hearts shall never endanger the world community again.

I don't think so Greybeard. That's when men were men, with real names. Thank you WWII veterans, can you imagine what the world would be like if we had lost?

Took these 5 years ago when there on our honeymoon. It was so weird how so many people can be in one place, all talking, and it be so quiet.

156743_620170621421_1865129_n.jpg

65795_620162018661_2298985_n.jpg

154873_620170651361_4243140_n.jpg

154367_620170576511_2299391_n.jpg

154183_620170591481_7297549_n.jpg

151074_620170676311_5077341_n.jpg

I have such a better understanding of this day since I went there. Sure wish to go back and spend more time learning.

GB must have watched a certain speech yesterday from the Oval Office. I agree with you and it is sad. I saw the Fox Pregame show yesterday from Pearl Harbor and they had some of the survivors there those are great men and women. It was nice to see the guys from Fox touring the place and hearing their thoughts.

Latest posts