Debter Herefords

Help Support CattleToday:

MikeC

Reaction score
Was anyone at this sale last Sat. in Alabama? I heard they sold high and were excellent bulls. We are proud of Glenn in Alabama. Just curious.

Yes my wife and I were there. It was my first time at their sale. Quite an experience. The bulls for the most part were exceptional. Highest selling was $12000. They also had Fleming angus at that sale also some good looking bulls, but most weren't as high selling maybe b/c it's traditionally a hereford sale?

A&Mfarms":1z7lnc07 said:
Yes my wife and I were there. It was my first time at their sale. Quite an experience. The bulls for the most part were exceptional. Highest selling was $12000. They also had Fleming angus at that sale also some good looking bulls, but most weren't as high selling maybe b/c it's traditionally a hereford sale?

I heard through the grapevine that the angus bulls were way too fat and over-conditioned. A buddy of mine said he might have bought one but the was afraid he might not make the trip home. :lol:

I heard the herefords were just right. Not too thin and not too fat.

Thanks

They were let say, over conditioned :) I don't know anything about the Fleming farm just what I saw. Do you much about them? How long they've been around or reputation?

Glynn is a true southern gentleman. I'd be proud if he was from my state also.

What lot was the top seller? How did the lot 86A, 86B, 86C, 86D and 87 heifers sell? They are out of a powerful Cooper cow. What sire group looked the best? I sure would have liked to have made the sale, maybe next year.

Ned Jr.":2y455b2g said:
Glynn is a true southern gentleman. I'd be proud if he was from my state also.

What lot was the top seller? How did the lot 86A, 86B, 86C, 86D and 87 heifers sell? They are out of a powerful Cooper cow. What sire group looked the best? I sure would have liked to have made the sale, maybe next year.

I don't know the answers to your question, Ned.

I'll see if I can find out .

Latest posts