Davenport 8 ga

Help Support CattleToday:

I saw some 8, 6, 4 ga stuff in the UK. Hand loading required. Gun bearer or punt boat desired.
I think they use 10 or 12 ga shotguns for cleaning up cripples.

I can't imagine the punishing the 8g would give much less a 6 or 4.
Sky, this has your name written all over it too. Being decorated by a Native American and all. I'd buy it but Ive been told in ain't Indian enough lol

My great grandpa had a double barrel 8 ga he took quail hunting, and he had the triggers wired back so he just had to pull the hammers back and let her go. Clean a covey out pretty quick. :lol:

Hook":3udpnren said:
I can't imagine the punishing the 8g would give much less a 6 or 4.
Sky, this has your name written all over it too. Being decorated by a Native American and all. I'd buy it but Ive been told in ain't Indian enough lol

:lol: I tell ya what its definitely got character :shock:

I would definitely shoot it......I would have to. It might hurt but I could not own something like that and not shoot it at least once.

highgrit":2zosi56f said:
I'd give a Ben Franklin for it. How much is something like that worth?
p
Only other one.on gun broker is $4,000 and it is not decorated by a native American. We would be ok with that price.maybe.

kenny thomas":mwvrfko9 said:
Oh, come on 3 way. I know u want it.

Got my eye on a $4,000 heifer...........and a Benelli 20ga semiauto leftie....my money is all spent for at least a year or two.

I just couldn't resist. We will see what happens over the next few days. Auction is for7 days and bids have been placed so it will have to keep going.

I have seen Davenports but they were all 12 or 16 gauge, never seen an 8.
That company went out of business in 1910 or 15 a long time ago.
You will most likely have to make the pieces to do a full restoration if you want to get it back to new.
Then you have an outlawed shotgun to look at . But at that price make a fine mantel piece.

HOSS":3p8zf998 said:
I would definitely shoot it......I would have to. It might hurt but I could not own something like that and not shoot it at least once.

I wouldn't shoot anything but a black powder shell out of it.
Heck I can't even find any data on it in my blackpowder stuff.
All black powder shotguns were volume of powder to shot you used you shot measure for powder and shot.
http://www.tbullock.com/bpsg.html

That would need a limb saver on it to shoot.... Very nice old rare gun.... Also the seller has a lot more nice guns listed.

jltrent":1ri4b0nn said:
That would need a limb saver on it to shoot.... Very nice old rare gun.... Also the seller has a lot more nice guns listed.
John I will even offer you free delivery if you buy it. Thats worth a lot since you are only 10 miles away. hahaha

Caustic Burno":319xcu1t said:
You will most likely have to make the pieces to do a full restoration if you want to get it back to new.
Then you have an outlawed shotgun to look at . But at that price make a fine mantel piece.
CB what do you mean by outlawed shotgun?

kenny thomas":3tzo3wab said:
Caustic Burno":3tzo3wab said:
CB what do you mean by outlawed shotgun?

You can still own one and shoot it just don't get caught with any birds.
The Lacey Act of 1918.
http://wildlife.state.co.us/SiteCollect ... ebirds.pdf

Latest posts