New 12 Ga. Shotgun

Help Support CattleToday:

kerley

Reaction score
I have not bought a new shotgun for myself in over thirty years. I currently have a Winchester Model 11. Automatic with full choke. It is way to heavy and has a hair trigger, and kicks like a angry mule. I am not as fast or strong as when I was young. I want a 12ga. new or used pump, with a shorter barrel. What do you hunters suggest. I appreciate all advice.
Tom.

It depends on what you want to use them for but the Remington 870 pump is hard to beat. New shotguns are in the $400 range. I just bought a new 870 SuperMag to shoot 3.5's with for $380. They are a very durable shotgun. Parts are easy to come by because they are very popular. The SuperMag comes stock with a 28" barrel but on the regular models they are probably 26". Hope this helps.

Benelli makes a great shotgun, light,simple and durable. I hae one and am looking at getting another one. I owuld go with a pump because you save a lot of money compared to a semi auto. of course i can pump about as fast as an auto so it makes me no difference.

Benelli Nova with a 26in barrel. It's as good as a pump shotgun gets, and indestructible.

Just my opinion but if your semi auto kicks to much now I dont think you are ging to like a pump any better. I have a couple 870s and a Benelli nova. That nova will eat anything you feed it but it kicks like a mule because its light and a pump.

The old rule of you get what you pay for is the same with guns spend the money and buy and good auto loader. Your probly looking at 1100- 1200 dollars it will last you another 30 years. Benellis super black eagle is a good reliable auto loader or any reputable brand would be a great improvement to what you have now.

Your next best option would be get a 20. I dont care what other people say it will shoot just as well as a 12 gauge and your accuracy will most likely improve with less recoil. Get a 20 gauge auto loader and the other guys will stop laughing when you out shoot them.

If you drag your gun through the mud duck hunting I would get a pump hands down if not go with the auto loader your body will thank you. Buy once cry once.

No need to shoot fast when you only need one shot from a correctly fit comfortable shooting gun. Scott

Well now if ya wanna get real crazy and have lots of moola to blow. Buy the Benelli Cordoba 20ga autoloader. It was designed for shooting doves in Argentina and has virtually no recoil. Somewhere around 14 to 15 hundred dollars.

I agree on the 20 it will do anything a 12ga will and cost less to shoot and kick less all day.

BTW I think they also make a 20ga Nova and they don't kick bad at all.

i have a 20 ga benalli nova pump and it came with 3 chokes, brand new and it was towards when benelli first started becoming popular and that was 4 years ago. Take good care of it and its still about new and probably went up in value becausei got it for $375. I would jump at a heart beat to get another one. Shoots 3 inch magnums with barely any kick. Also have an old single shot .410 and that has way more kick than the 20ga benelli.

dun":3b68ml7o said:
This is the Benelli I was thinking of:
http://www.benelliusa.com/firearms/sbe2.tpl
Frtiend of mine got tired of being beaten up shooting 3 inch for turkeys. Now he shoots 3 1/2 and he claims it kicks about like a light load 20
im looking at getting a pump like that this winter cause they have an interchangealbe stock so you can be shooting a normal stock one day switch it that night an be shooting turkeys with a pistol grip the next. At least thats the way i understood how it works.

iowafarmer":2c6iyf1k said:
dun":2c6iyf1k said:
This is the Benelli I was thinking of:
http://www.benelliusa.com/firearms/sbe2.tpl
Frtiend of mine got tired of being beaten up shooting 3 inch for turkeys. Now he shoots 3 1/2 and he claims it kicks about like a light load 20
im looking at getting a pump like that this winter cause they have an interchangealbe stock so you can be shooting a normal stock one day switch it that night an be shooting turkeys with a pistol grip the next. At least thats the way i understood how it works.
http://www.benelliusa.com/firearms/supernova.tpl

Latest posts