Dang kid

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

Everytime i turn around Codey is doing something that either makes me really mad, really proud, or just stop and think. Today he went and worked for his grandma next door. I thought he was just doing it to help her out.
Next thing i know he and his mom are driving down the road. When they get back, he disappears in his room. Shortly after he comes out and has a card and something wrapped up in gift wrap taped to the card. Says he couldnt wait. So i open it and its one of those electronic cigarrettes.
Talk about humbling.
So i try it and its not bad. Ive been smoking for almost 25 years and im going to give it another go at quitting. Wish me luck
Has anyone else tried these things with any sucess?

You have been smoking since you were 12 :???: Ouch ,your poor lungs . :(
If you want to see your kids grow up and marry, have grand kids ,yes, you had best give it a really good go around this time. Your son sounds like a very caring young man .. :D

Good luck !

Last time i quit i almost got divorced because i get really cranky and mean. This e cig may be just the thing to get me past that stage
Its not good when my wife knows im getting up because i start coughing in the am now.
I know i need to quit but i really enjoy a smoke. Im going to give it my best but i know it wont be cold turkey. This e smoke is close to real but not so close i could do it all with the e cig
And yep hd. First smoke was when i was 12. Found a pack of carltons that had fallen out of someones car i guess. Camels got me thru when i had to spend weeks on end sleeping on a lounge chair at an apartment complex where a friend live when i got kicked out at 15....the smell of a camel still takes me back to that time.
Amazing how smells and flavors can take you back to different times

Hook,

I quite smoking (and beer and coffee) 7 years ago. I smoked up to 3 packs a day. I just put them down. I gets better after the first week or two. You got to find something to do with your hands, especially when things trigger the want for a smoke. My triggers were after a meal of course, one I didn't realize was getting in or out of the truck. You will quickly realize what things make you want to smoke, avoid those if you can, and find something to do with your hands.

Good luck.

thats diffenitly something you'll be glad you did,,, Hillsdown, i quit smoking cigarettes on my 18th birthday i started around 13 sneeking around though not around my folks,,

LRTX1":sd2iqn8e said:
Hook,

I quite smoking (and beer and coffee) 7 years ago. I smoked up to 3 packs a day. I just put them down. I gets better after the first week or two. You got to find something to do with your hands, especially when things trigger the want for a smoke. My triggers were after a meal of course, one I didn't realize was getting in or out of the truck. You will quickly realize what things make you want to smoke, avoid those if you can, and find something to do with your hands.

Good luck.
I havent had one in almost 2 hrs now.
Lrtx. What made you quit all those at once? Glutton for punishment?

What a kid!

I know how difficult it is. Your physician will assist you with meds to quit if you want them, so don't be afraid to ask; they are so happy when you tell them, they'll write the Rx before you can pull out your insurance card (if you have one).

It requires a change in habit, of course, and I believe that takes 3 weeks (for any habit). Don't hang out with anyone who smokes, the smell will annoy you. Put the $$$ you save aside for something special (you'll be surprised at how much you save). Take up chewing gum. You will breathe better within 24 hours and be amazed. If you fall off the wagon, don't hate yourself.

Hats off to anyone who has quit. :hat: :hat: :hat: They say it's harder than giving up heroin, but I wouldn't know about that. And if I were to learn with certainty that the world was going to end tomorrow, I'd be out buying a pack instead of writing this. I've even had dreams of smoking.

There you have it. My name is Gale and I'm a nicotine addict. 2.5 years now without them.

Hook whatever you do don't take up dipping or chewing. You need to make up your mind to quit, good luck. My Mother quit almost 20 years ago, she had a heart attack when my son was born. The doctors told her the samething HD wrote, she's still kicking. YOU CAN DO IT :nod:

I really wanted to quit smoking. The coffee and beer went hand and hand with a cigarette. After a few beers the will power to not smoke was gone. I had to do quite a few things different in my life to get over on the smoking. I had to stay real busy to keep my mind and hands occupied.

He is a great kid Gale. A challenge but a great kid with a heart of gold.
Like i said im not going to kid myself and go cold turkey.
And a physician...whats that.?lol
I tried chewing years ago. Not for me.
Im just going to scale back and then stop.
I did find out if you take a drag realllll sllooww on this thing you get more out of it.
Wonder if i can take it apart and increase the dosage?

hooknline":3ewbmp8c said:
He is a great kid Gale. A challenge but a great kid with a heart of gold.
Like i said im not going to kid myself and go cold turkey.
And a physician...whats that.?lol
I tried chewing years ago. Not for me.
Im just going to scale back and then stop.
I did find out if you take a drag realllll sllooww on this thing you get more out of it.
Wonder if i can take it apart and increase the dosage?
aww come on hook,go cold turkey.its fun to go through the sweats an chewing through your jaw.i had 10 full cans of snuff when i decided to quit dipping cold turkey.i went through a truckload of hard candy.but i made it through the sweats.an i had dipped heavy for 20yrs.but i did gain 50lbs when i quit.

Gotta be proud of Codey! I loose count but it's been around 9 years since my last one, and that's after 32 years of smoking. I did it cold turkey, but that's just how I roll. Never regretted a millisecond of quitting, either. Still have those times where I want one, but I mentally picture my wife sitting in the living room floor crying her eyes out, as I know she would, if I smoked one, then the urge leaves me.

Make your mind up and stick with it. I promise you'll never regret it. Good luck!

Bb i already chew on my cheeks grind my teeth and all. Family can always tell when im made by looking at my jaw muscles. Dont think i should go cold turkey. It wiuldnt be pretty

Thx everyone for the support. Im sure im going to go back to my evil ways of sPeaking before thinking and spouting off so i can use this as an excuse

Just do it Hook. You will set a better example with your deeds than with your words. You owe it to that boy to show him a strong father.

Yep 3 way and everyone. Youre 100% correct. Now the problem is wore the damn thing out already.
But im going tomorrow to get the full kit that is rechargeable and has refills. But in the last 4 hrs i only had 2 real ones. About 1/3 of what i would have. I will do this and havent had this kind of drive ever to do it. Funny what dang kids will do.

HG youve seen some of my posts no doubt. Can you honestly see me being hypnotized? Hahaha

Hook,

As stupid as this sounds it worked for me. I told myself I would wait five minutes before I smoked a cigarette. When that five minutes was up (before I smoked one) I would add another five minutes. By adding that five minutes a time it turned to hours and days pretty quick while never smoking a cigarette. In all honesty the first day or two were rough, after that it is all downhill. Just put the dang things down.

You can go 5 minutes can't you?

Latest posts